HR Administrative Assistant
Seaman Corporation is a privately held company, with a family business culture where people are our number one asset. For more than 70 years, we have honed our expertise in a range of technology platforms, including beaming, knitting, weaving, compounding, coating, finishing and fabrication. Today we offer the highest-quality, innovative fabric solutions in the world.
Provide administrative support for Human Resources and perform general clerical tasks to support daily operations. Must be able to work flexible hours as needed. To be successful in this role, you must be able to handle sensitive information confidentially, have good organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES: (performs other duties as assigned)
· Greet visitors and answers phone, screens, and directs to the appropriate department or manager.
· Maintains logbooks for visitors, company vehicles, and issues guest ID badges.
· Coordinate arrangements for customer visits or business meetings, including meals, refreshments, supplies; setup and cleanup meeting rooms and kitchenette.
· Provide administrative and office support activities for HR and management team such as creating and compiling reports, electronic document management, scheduling meetings and interviews.
· Ensures human resource files, records and documentation are maintained in an accurate and timely manner while ensuring compliance with legal requirements, company policies and procedures.
· Verification of I-9 documentation and maintain filing system according to USCIS guidelines.
· Prepare new-hire orientation packets, materials, agendas, reports, memos, letters, and spreadsheets.
· Create PowerPoint slides for digital communication software focused on safety, health and wellbeing activities, HR and other announcements.
· Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail and coordinates special package shipments by FedEx, USPS, or other carriers.
· Assist with planning and organizing company functions, such as benefit open enrollment, associate recognition events, communication meetings, etc.
· A valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record is a requirement for this position.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Good Customer Service and Interpersonal skills.
· Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
High school education (associate's degree preferred), with a minimum 3-5 years’ human resource or administrative related experience, or a combination of degree and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The associate may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, TN, USA