The Process Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates activities of manufacturing to support process improvement, I&T project production activities and MDI (managing for daily improvement). The role has primary responsibility to support continuous operations of manufacturing processes, standard work and identify and implement solutions which provide improved safety, quality, delivery, and cost to meet operational objectives. This position is an indirect report to the Director of Engineering to ensure alignment of engineering activities across the enterprise.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Support safety programs and initiatives to ensure safe work environment and promote safe practices in alignment with company policies and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for process and quality teams in troubleshooting process, equipment and/or product quality, to achieve objectives.
- Monitor assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and standards.
- Write specifications and monitor and assist with shop floor drawings and other related technical activities.
- Work with Maintenance department on equipment repairs, modifications, installations, and startup.
- Create, update, and maintain Standard Work Procedures and Process Specifications for production lines.
- Equipment Analysis - Analyze equipment and process conditions to ensure optimum utilization of machines and equipment in the production of quality industrial fabrics.
- Project Management – Develop and coordinate smaller project plans, review vendor proposals, manage project team activities, communicate changes, provide progress updates, and complete projects on time and within budget. Provide support to Engineering on large capital project plans.
- Actively support LeanSigma and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Provide support to leadership to address exceptions with safety, quality, delivery, and cost. site
- Provide support to Quality Control, Product Development, and Customer Service on quality issues, source inspections and NSF audits.
- Work with PLC systems and software to control and monitor production equipment, work with vendor on software setup.
- Provide off-shift coverage on low yield products and R&D trials as needed.
- Provide support for plant management during Plant Manager’s absence.
This position requires:
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering with a minimum of 1-5 years related experience. Prefer mechanical background, Lean Manufacturing, and functional experience with PLC and AutoCad. Web handling experience is a plus.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA