Bristol, TN, USA Req #347
Thursday, October 6, 2022
At Seaman Corporation, every associate is instrumental to our success. Become a part of our growing team!
Providing engineering support to existing manufacturing processes, develop new and improved processes, including evaluation of equipment, standard operating procedures and training materials to identify inconsistencies and training gaps, developing updated documentation and guidelines. This position is an indirect report to the Director of Engineering to ensure alignment of engineering activities across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support safety programs and initiatives to ensure safe work environment and promote safe practices in alignment with company policies and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for process and quality teams, troubleshooting process and equipment issues to support process and quality improvement.
- Equipment Analysis - Analyze equipment and process conditions to ensure optimum utilization of machines and equipment in the production of quality industrial fabrics.
- Works cross-functionally between production, engineering, and product development to reduce defects, improve product flow through the facility, and support new product launches.
- Create, update, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Process Specifications to ensure compliance with approved methods and process standards.
- Provide hands-on technical support and for manufacturing processes and associates; actively evaluates, audits and recommends improvements for training materials and methodology.
- Improve manufacturing processes and methods to drive cost-reductions, quality improvements and process efficiency
- Assist in the development and coordination of project plans, review vendor proposals, manage team activities, communicate changes, provide progress updates, and complete on time and within budget.
- Write specifications and monitor and assist with shop floor drawings and other related technical activities.
- Support Engineering in review of proposals of outside vendors regarding purchase of new equipment or modernization of existing production and processing equipment.
- Functional with PLC systems and other systems/software to control and monitor production equipment; work with vendor on software setup.
- Actively support Lean Sigma using lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies for the development of new or improved techniques, systems, processes or methodologies to improve productivity and reduce waste.
- Provide off-shift coverage on low yield products and R&D trials as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ANALYTICAL: Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts full responsibility for commitments; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly
- COMMUNICATION – Strong interpersonal and communication skills; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates group presentation skills; writes clearly and informatively.
- COLLABORATION: Work with others across the organization to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others
- RESILIENCE: Adapts to changes; overcomes setbacks and difficulties to accomplish goals
- RESOURCEFULNESS: effectively recognizes, procures, develops, and utilizes resources
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience. Prefer background with Lean Manufacturing and functional experience with PLC and AutoCad. Web handling experience is a plus.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Disabled/Vet. EEO statement: “Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, TN, USA