Seaman Corporation is a privately held company where people are our number one asset. For more than 70 years, we have honed our expertise in a range of technology platforms, including knitting, weaving, compounding, coating, finishing, printing and fabrication. Today we offer the highest quality and innovative fabric solutions in the world.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of associates engaged in Mixing, Coating, and Inspection to produce quality industrial vinyl coated fabrics in a safe and efficient manner. This position is for 12-hour night shift 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM on an 2 - 2 - 3 schedule; enjoy 3-day weekends every other weekend!
Key Responsibilities include the following: (Performs other duties as assigned)
- Responsible for the safety, security, 5s and housekeeping in all work areas
- Provide leadership and guidance, follows and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient production, coordinating mixing, coating line and inspection assignments following production schedule to meet on-time shipping demand.
- Handles the personnel activities appropriately for the shift (manages work schedules, overtime, timekeeping, attendance, PTO, and makes recommendations for promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions, etc.).
- Trains and coaches associates on proper procedures and work habits to meet Skill Block guidelines for advancement opportunities.
- Conduct effective Performance Evaluations to define and set measurable goals for improvement, skill advancement and future opportunities
- Aide in troubleshooting and problem-solving to minimize equipment damage, scrap and downtime. Follows through on problem resolution to alert or obtain approval for matters beyond his/her authority.
- Must demonstrate and promote safety on the job, actively participation and supports safety teams and related activities.
- Effective communications with direct reports and all levels of management; attends and actively participates in scheduled meetings.
- Proficient in Oracle/ERP maintaining integrity of shop floor work orders, material usage, inventory reconciliation, and other business transactions as needed.
Education & Experience:
Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or five years related supervisory/leadership experience and training.
Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for commitments; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly.
Communication: articulates self accurately and appropriately to a variety of audiences through multiple channels.
Collaboration: works with others across the organization to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
Resilience: Adapts to changes; overcomes setbacks and difficulties to accomplish goals.
Resourcefulness: effectively recognizes, procures, develops, and utilizes resources.
Competitive Wage and Benefits on Day 1 including:
- Vision, Health and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account with annual company contribution
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death Insurance (company sponsored
- Bonus/Incentive Programs - Quarterly and Annual bas
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan after 30 days, with company match contributions
Come join a great company that turns their Vision into Action through driving sustainable growth, being innovative in all we do and enabling a winning culture.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, TN, USA