FiberTite Technical & Warranty Service Specialist
Wooster, OH 44691, USA Req #340
Thursday, September 22, 2022
At Seaman Corporation, every associate is instrumental to our success. Become a part of our growing team!
The FiberTite Technical & Warranty Services Specialist will be responsible for the administration and fulfillment of daily activities associated with internal technical support of FTR roof projects including; (a) Project Registration Reviews, (b) Warranty issuance and Warranty Service Processes, (c) Project Data Management, (d) Related field activities associated with Warranty Services, (e) Roof Claim Investigations
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide technical assistance to all customers in support of their respective needs (Authorized Applicators, Roof Consultants, Architects, Building Owners, FiberTite Sales and Field Technical Services Associates), i.e. responding to telephone calls and emails.
- Review of various project specifications and Project Registration (aka PINs) for compliance with FiberTite requirements for warranty issuance.
- Provide contractor project submittal documents as required.
- Respond to Warranty Service Requests and initiate associated activity, i.e. Work Orders to Authorized Applicators for investigation and repair, Warranty Transfer, etc.
- Investigation of warranty claim issues, and oversee FiberTite repairs as necessary
- Review and Process of Warranty Service Work Order Invoices to ensure proper repairs and fulfillment of Work Orders within established corporate guidelines.
- Entry of product complaints/claims.
- Administration of the FTR Seaman-360 Project Registrations
- Generation of Seaman360 (salesforce) reports for tracking, monitoring and projecting Warranty service needs.
- Operate within established company expense policies.
- Follow company environmental and safety policies.
- Other duties and developmental activities as assigned.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) with 3-5 years of related experience and / or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience in the commercial roofing market
- 3-5 years experience as a Commercial Roofing Field Technical Representative, or related position such as a Technical Customer Service Representative, in the Single-ply roofing market, preferably associated with thermoplastic membranes (KEE, PVC/KEE, TPO).
- RCI Registered Roof Observer (RRO) is desired, but not a requirement.
- Ability to read and understand basic construction blueprints, drawings, and specifications, and perform basic estimating.
- Fundamental knowledge of roof leak detection methods, and determination of corrective repairs, associated with single-ply roofing systems.
- Ability to listen & comprehend, and express oneself both verbally and in writing, including report writing.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, general single-ply roof system inspection procedures.
- Working knowledge of building codes, i.e. FM, UL, Miami-Dade
- Working knowledge, and hands-on experience, with hot-air welding equipment as used for thermoplastic single-ply roofing applications, including proficiency in hand-welding of construction detail work, i.e., flashing application of corners, and pipes.
- Ability to present hands-on applications training to small groups.
- Fluency in Spanish is desired, but not a requirement.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Disabled/Vet. EEO statement: “Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA