Drilling Field Team Lead - Geologist/Scientist
Drilling Field Team Lead - Geologist/Scientist
STS is a growing, progressive business that provides technology integration and deployment, systems engineering, environmental consulting and remediation services to a variety of government and commercial clients at job sites around the world.
About this Role:
STS is currently seeking an experienced Drilling Field Team Lead - Geologist/Scientist. While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security. You must reside with the US for this federal partnership and must be a US Citizen.
This position is a critical subcontractor on the N3B Los Alamos LLC team and will be providing program management and technical services in support of the ground & surface water monitoring program at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Team Lead Responsibilities:
• Oversee drilling/well activities including acting as Person In Charge, preparation of boring logs and evaluation of soil cores
• Oversee the drilling/pump subcontractors on well refurbishment/rehabilitation, aquifer testing, wellhead completions and plug & abandonment.
• Review and track subcontractor daily reports, and support safety quality audits and findings to confirm subcontractor compliance.
• Coordinate with the ER operations supervisor of operations management in oversight of the field activities including event notification, site access and permitting.
• Assist with plan of the day and maintain detailed technical logbook records of all daily field activities.
• Provide construction support including RFI responses, DCNs as applicable, and preparation of completion reports for each project assigned.
• Coordinate waste management support.
• Coordinate sampling in support of site characterization and waste characterization
• Support development of required reports
• Provide oversight and random audits of the subcontractors.
• Complies with all health & safety policies and practices.
• Act as site environment, health and safety representative
• Act as site quality assurance representative
• Support the operation of the Chromium treatment system for the Interim Measure for plume control.
• Broad understanding of principles, concepts and techniques in the field of general science; groundwater remediation or drilling/well expertise preferred.
• Skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks independently with little instruction.
• Ability to work within established policies and procedures, using independent judgment and ingenuity.
• Ability to train and mentor more junior staff.
• Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented project environment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related technical discipline, or equivalent, Master’s preferred; however, a combination of education and/or relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
• The career level of the position will be determined by the years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities; after a candidate has been chosen.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Light Work Category - Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. The employee exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. During drilling and well maintenance work on site, work often moves to a 7day/12hr (day & night) shift schedule in order to cover 24/7 drilling.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $100,000.00
- Sealaska Technical Services, LLC, 1200 Trinity Drive, Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States of America