Project Controls Specialist
Project Controls Specialist
STS is a growing, progressive business that provides technology integration and deployment, systems engineering, environmental consulting and remediation services to a variety of government and commercial clients at job sites around the world.
About this Role:
Sealaska Technical Services (STS), LLC is seeking a Mid-Level Project Controls Specialist to support our growing federal and commercial business operations. The position will perform a variety of assignments requiring the application of mature project control techniques and analysis. Candidate will be expected to help refine and implement cost, schedule and scope management processes for a range of STS projects. Strong background in financial reporting, operating within Earned Value Management Systems, experience maintaining corporate compliance with FAR based contracting regulations and a proven ability to mitigate performance risk is desired. This full-time, salaried/benefited position will provide strategic project controls support with functional responsibilities as described below.
The position will perform a variety of assignments requiring the application of mature project control techniques and analysis. They will be expected to help refine and implement cost, schedule and scope management processes for a range of projects. This position will provide strategic project controls support with functional responsibilities as described below.
• Work to support the execution of all project controls processes and systems
• Support preparation of EAC by various approaches
• Work with project managers to develop monthly project ETCs and accrued costs.
• Work with project managers to track IDIQ projects contract status, notice to proceed, funding levels and period of performance.
• Assist in the development of WBS, BOEs, project schedules, spend forecasts, earned value calculations and other project management related activities.
• Implement proper controls to proactively support, monitor, and communicate budget, funding, actual and forecasted costs, labor hours, and quantities for projects.
• Prepare and issue monthly variance analysis narratives
• Proactively track, analyze and communicate critical path and schedule risk to project managers.
• Support Project Managers in contract management/compliance
• Lead in the development and maintenance of periodic status reports
• Support proposal efforts by collecting cost data and developing proposal data using Microsoft Excel based proposal templates.
• Work with client contract administrators and STS PMs to answer proposal questions and resolve proposal issues
• Ensure that appropriate direct, indirect, and other rates and labor categories are used in proposals coordinating correct application with PMs as necessary.
• Be responsive to ad hoc requests from clients related to cost reporting, project close-out, management assessments or audits.
• Perform project set-up in Deltek CostPoint system
• Excellent skills in MS Office, MS Excel, and proficiency in Deltek CostPoint is strongly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Excellent judgment skills to determine compliance with company policies and procedures
• Ability to analyze information and evaluating results and choose the best solution
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or related field and at least 5-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area, or combination of education and experience.
• FAR, earned value management, large-scale government contracting, and project management principles.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Some lifting of files, opening cabinets.
• Bending or standing as necessary.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified, as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Sealaska Technical Services, LLC, 1200 Trinity Drive, Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States of America