Retail Sales Associate – Gord’s Pro and Imprint
GORD'S PRO AND IMPRINT
Gord’s Imprint delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues specific to promotional merchandise and event management tools. Gord’s is recognized as a premier boutique promotional marketing company that delivers uniquely curated products that fit the customer’s needs in a timely fashion. Our retail store in Port Elgin provides local and area businesses and consumers with quality promotional merchandise, team sales support and customized event apparel and swag items to meet every requirement. Parent company is Good Things – a leader in providing corporate and event branded promotional merchandise.
GORD'S EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION
For people who believe they can do the impossible, Gord’s offers a place to grow as a whole person. Your dream is as important as ours and together we make them all come true. It is our vision to be the promotional partner of choice, have loads of fun and make some lifelong friends along the way.
We believe in delivering happiness in every customer interaction.
To serve our customers tangibly better, building lasting relationships with branded merchandise.
You are passionate about helping people find solutions and have a passion for retail. You are eager to gain more experience and learning how to leverage different tools and strategies to deliver extraordinaire service to our customers. You have a good understanding of retail management. A proven team player, your excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills allow you to work effectively with both your team. Your uncanny ability to keep organized allows you to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced setting with ease and finesse. You demonstrate a high level of confidentiality which builds trust in those that you work with.
- Serve customers by helping them select products.
- Drive sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to customers' questions
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Documents sales by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Manager financial transactions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- Alerts management of potential security issues.
- Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Puts together quotes and works with the production team and business manager to provide timelines to complete orders.
- Occasionally working out of the store to meet with clients and build relationships.
- Administrative/office management duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Selling to customer needs
- Product knowledge
- People skills
- Energy level
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Job knowledge
Gord’s is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are sincerely considered under its employment equity policy. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our community are encouraged to apply.
Gord’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Port Elgin, ON, Canada