Accounting Clerk (Monthly Bonuses)
Flutes, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Schwarz Partners and corrugated manufacturing industry leader is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk (8254 Zionsville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46268)! The Accounting Clerk has primary responsibility for reviewing vendor invoicing to ensure that products or services were received as ordered by Flutes, Inc. and Flutes Hanna Ave LLC that the pricing is consistent with expectations. Additional responsibilities include proper coding in the accounting system in compliance with instructions given by the Controller and preparing payments in a timely manner, and maintenance of A/P records. A well organized, detail-oriented person is required to adequately meet the requirements of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Receive vendor invoices and internal expense items and match against purchasing documentation (PO’s) and received documentation to ensure that the invoiced item or service has been received. Discrepancies are to be resolved before payment can be made.
- Prepare payments on vendor invoices and employee expenses in accordance with payment policies (discounts and vendor terms) as directed by the VP of Finance. Ensure that payments are sent to the proper remittance address.
- Maintain records and files on vendors and previous payments to provide a paper trail to review previous payments for proper authorization (receipt of goods/services and ordering information) and timeliness of the payment.
- Reconcile the aged payables listing to the GL balance at the end of the month to ensure proper inclusion of expenses of the appropriate period.
- Prepare month end accrual for goods/services received at the end of the month, but not recorded in the system as of month end.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience in a related position (any industry).
- Computer skills – Excel and Word.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or higher is preferred (related experience can replace degree requirements).
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, operating and maintenance instructions, regulatory laws and manuals, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence effectively and accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and employees of the company.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, commissions, proportions, taxes, insurance premiums, and accruals.
- Requires strong mathematical skills using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to solve practical problems and not so practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer literate (MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and data entry accuracy.
AS AN INDUSTRY LEADER, FLUTES OFFERS:
- Monthly bonus program.
- 52 weeks per year of job stability and opportunities for growth and career development.
- Exceptional pay and great, affordable benefits (including life, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and more).
- 11 paid holidays, overtime pay, and vacation time.
- Opportunities for growth, training, and career advancement.
- Highly rewarding Bonus program paid monthly! You are eligible for the Bonus program from your first day of employment.
- A clean facility, featuring state-of-the-art technology.
- A respectful, empowering, team-oriented and employee-friendly environment.
- Flutes truly values our employees as our greatest asset and we strive to support both you and your family at work and in life.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking team with a family feel, culture of excellence, and customer-focused reliability, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Job Family Office
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $45,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Flutes Inc, 8254 Zionsville Road, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America