Human Resource Generalist
Flutes - Hanna, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Schwarz Partners and corrugated manufacturing industry leader is currently seeking a Human Resource Generalist to support our new Indy facility (1002 W Hanna Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46217)! As the Human Resource Generalist, you will be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources, including payroll, employee relations, FMLA, STD, and benefit administration functions.
Schwarz Partners is one of the largest independent manufacturers of corrugated sheets and packaging materials in the U.S. Through our family of companies, we continuously build and strengthen our capabilities. You’ll find our products wherever goods are packaged, shipped, and sold—from innovative retail packaging to colorful in-store displays at pharmacies and grocers. You also may have spotted our trucks on the highway. Schwarz Partners is built around the idea that independence and innovation go hand in hand. Our structure allows us to adapt to change quickly, get new ideas off the ground, and thrive in the marketplace. Our people are empowered to tap into their talents, build their skills, and grow with us.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Manage local Human Resources functions; maintain and administer records in compliance with Federal, State, Local, and corporate policies, and procedures; stay up to date with updates and changes to employment law; work with Management daily to ensure compliance to such laws and employee handbook.
- Manage and oversee all functions of employment including recruiting, background checks and new hire orientation program.
- Coordinate weekly and Bi-weekly payroll processing; manage payroll policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate payment of employee pay; assist with payroll issues and discrepancies; validate weekly time sheet reports; ensure accurate calculation/entry of all pay rate changes and maintain all payroll records.
- Follow all safety and company policies, reporting any issues, accidents, or incidents immediately; must complete online safety training each month as assigned.
- Responsible for weekly 401k reporting and recordkeeping.
- Coordinate and administer all employee benefits and annual Open Enrollment for benefits; communicate and assist employees with all benefit changes/updates.
- Manage onsite recruiting by overseeing headcount, current openings, postings, interview setup and offer letters.
- Serve as primary contact to managers employers and legal counsel on all human resources related matters; attend all hearings and court proceedings as needed for legal matters in regard to unemployment and worker’s compensation; respond to all verification of employment inquiries and other employment/payroll related notices.
- Prepare and maintain all employee files and records.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Maintain and monitor employee attendance records; coordinate disciplinary actions with Plant Manager in accordance with company attendance policy.
- Complete audits of Worker’s Compensation, 401k, or any other payroll or benefit audits.
- Interact with HR Manager and corporate HR on employee programs benefits and related questions (i.e. payroll, health and wellness, insurance, COBRA, and 401(k).
- Work with HR Mgr and corporate HR to update employee handbook and communicate changes to employees.
- Maintain bulletin boards related to Federal and State laws, company benefits, and company functions.
- Verify yearly W2 forms as completed and provided by payroll vendor.
- Coordinate and organize employee appreciation events.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources or related field.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in HR Administration or Business Administration.
- SHRM certification preferred but not required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, regulatory laws and manuals, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence effectively and accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, customers, vendors, and employees of the company.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, taxes, and insurance premiums.
- Ability to solve practical problems and not so practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- Computer literate (MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), proficient knowledge and application of HR laws and regulations, data entry accuracy, and OSHA laws and compliance.
- Knowledge and experience with payroll, time keeping, and HRIS systems.
- Must possess the following: superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has emotional control under adverse conditions and work with the management team for a successful resolution.
- Professional appearance, and confidence, an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
AS AN INDUSTRY LEADER, FLUTES OFFERS:
- Monthly bonus program.
- 52 weeks per year of job stability and opportunities for growth and career development.
- Exceptional pay and great, affordable benefits (including life, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and more).
- 11 paid holidays, overtime pay, and vacation time.
- Opportunities for growth, training, and career advancement.
- Highly rewarding Bonus program paid monthly! You are eligible for the Bonus program from your first day of employment.
- A clean facility, featuring state-of-the-art technology.
- A respectful, empowering, team-oriented and employee-friendly environment.
- Flutes truly values our employees as our greatest asset and we strive to support both you and your family at work and in life.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking team with a family feel, culture of excellence, and customer-focused reliability, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Job Family Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Flutes Hanna Ave LLC, 1102 W Hanna Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America