Shop Mechanic Lead - Support
Our dedicated industry experts have the experience and know-how to get the job done right. While our sole focus is sweeping, our difference is caring.
Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping services provider in the United States. With over 60 years of sweeping heritage and an emphasis on quality service and customer focus, we have quickly become the nation’s elite NAPSA-certified sweeping contractor. We provide our customers with a superior experience in sweeping services as well as an all-encompassing NPDES stormwater management plan with our sweeping and jet-vac solutions and best-in-class vehicles. Our reliable services are trusted by municipalities, State Departments of Transportation, construction contractors, and commercial, parking, and industrial properties from coast-to-coast. We currently have over 60 strategic locations, more than 1,900 safety-focused team members, and a fleet of 1,600+ vehicles and are continuing to grow. Our expansive operating footprint, flexibility, and experience, as well as our focus on safety and innovation, positions SCA to be the premier choice for all your environmental services sweeping requirements. For more information, please visit: www.SweepingCorp.com.
SCA maintains of fleet of sweepers, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, pickup trucks, trailers, attenuators, and various other support equipment. The Mechanic position is a mid-level mechanic position with opportunity for advancement. Work will include preventative maintenance and light repairs of various chassis manufacturers and up fit configurations.
- Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
- Company paid life insurance
- Various voluntary benefits like – short-term/long-term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and additional life insurance
- Paid vacation time & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunity
- Weekly pay on Fridays, if hourly status
- On Demand Pay (through Ceridian: Dayforce) – Get paid as you earn!
- Maintain the cleanliness of trucks and support equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the shop and yard
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed
- Maintain Inventory
- Reports Daily on Status of fleet to Branch Manger
- Ordering parts
- Coordinating third party repairs
- Maintaining declining budget
- Perform chassis preventative maintenance and light repairs to chassis and up fit components
- Assist senior mechanics with advanced repairs
- Change tires
- Complete basic inspections and associated repairs
- Work performed in outdoor environments and exposure to variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- 3 years of Supervising mechanic experience
- Hold CDL is a plus
- Toolbox and basic hand tools
- Ability to perform standard chassis PM services (fluid and filter changes and grease components)
- Ability to perform basic inspections and complete basic repairs
- Ability and willingness to assist higher level mechanics and perform repairs under their supervision
- Have a valid driver’s license, preferred
- Experience working on heavy equipment, preferred
- Willingness to learn and have a positive attitude
- Consistent attendance
- Use all required PPE and work safely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work a flexible schedule, including overtime on occasion
- Work in high noise environments with exposure to vibration and fumes
- Active, physical work occasionally involving lifting 50 lbs. Frequently involves carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching and standing.
We are a military friendly employer. We are committed to hiring those who have served our country. We encourage veteran, military spouses and family members to apply. Thank you for your service.
The protection of your personal data is important to us. We will only use your data in the application process and your data is not sold or used for any other purpose.
Sweeping Corporation of America is an at-will employer and is proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Job Family Field
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $35.00
- Max Hiring Rate $38.00
- Longwood, FL 32750, USA
- Longwood, FL 32750, USA
- Orlando, FL, USA