Summer Positions - Archbold, OH
Sauder Manufacturing Co. sells in four strategic markets: Healthcare Furniture for Acute Care Hospitals, Education Furniture for colleges and universities, Worship furniture for churches, synagogues, courthouses and funeral homes and finally furniture for human services markets which is a diverse network of agencies providing residential housing to many individuals. At Sauder Manufacturing, how do we do our work----new technology, new products and new ideas----changes constantly---but our values----how we treat our customers, suppliers and each other----never change
Did you recently graduate from high school?
On summer break from college?
Are you just looking for summer employment?
Sauder Manufacturing Co. will be hiring between 40-50 seasonal employees during the summer months to meet our manufacturing schedules. Sauder Manufacturing Co., is a leader in the design, manufacture and sale of seating solutions for the Healthcare, Education, Human Services and Worship markets.
1st shift (7:00 AM – 3:00 PM)
Assembly Positions: will primarily assemble wooden furniture for higher education, healthcare and worship facilities .
· Product Assembly
· Framing wood components
· Prep and subassembly work
· Base assembly
Machine Operator Positions: will set up and operator machines with repeatable processes and run a minimal process mix.
· Operate various machines and tools
· Able to use basic measurement tools
· Attention to fine detail/ must be detail
· Regular lifting, maneuvering and positioning
of product up to 50 lbs.
· Requires full shift of standing, walking,
bending and lifting.
· Able to read, write and follow instructions,
both written and verbal.
· Able to use hand held power tools with
accuracy and precision.
· 5-S audits and daily cleaning
· Ensures a safe working environment by conforming to all safety guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE)
Key Attributes Required:
· A self-starting, goal-oriented, customer-focused individual who takes personal accountability and acts in accordance with the Company’s Values
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend and lift overhead up to 8 hours at a time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to work on shop floor production Personal protective equipment such as eye protection and ear protection may be required in the shop floor environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Personal Protective Equipment will be provided.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
- Job Family SMC-Mfg Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Sauder Manufacturing Co, 930 W Barre Rd, Archbold, Ohio, United States of America