Solutions Architect, Oceania (Job Req #2022-511)
The Solution Architect role will support the Oceania Sales team in its initiative to increase sales of Ross Video technology in dynamic and innovative applications. This key role in the Ross Sales organization requires a unique blend of engineering / solutions solving skills along with the “soft skills” required in a sales process. The Solutions Architect is responsible, during pre-sales activities, for ensuring Ross Video’s Superior Customer Experience. This requires collaboration with the sales team, customer interaction and managing the client’s expectations throughout the engagement.
This is a diverse role that requires close collaboration with the company’s Sales, Marketing, Research and Development, and Technical Support teams to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address our customers’ needs.
Ideally based in Sydney, this position will focus on the Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Island territories.
Who you report to: Technical Solutions manager, Asia
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a wide range of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Participate and contribute to sales opportunities driven by the Regional Sales Managers, prioritizing efforts based on maximizing total impact on the team’s productivity.
- Scope technical solutions to address customer requirements, assesses customer’s met and unmet needs and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Ross Video.
- Coordinate closely with Ross’ Sales team and business partners to align solutions designed to meet our customers’ business requirements.
- Proactively educate and provide professional development to team and business partners in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Generate localized sales tools on various mediums for internal and external distribution (PowerPoint’s, Application Notes, Competitive Guides, etc.).
- Engage in customer facing product presentations, demos, training, and workflow guidance to end-users and business partners at customer premise or tradeshows.
- Opportunistically pursue additional business development opportunities and collaborate with Sales to ensure these are effectively covered and advanced.
- Work on systems oriented and highly technical projects as well as managing and coordinate project delivery in collaboration with Services team.
- Create drawings that capture the spirit of specific opportunities, while also creating general variations for use by other groups at Ross.
- Help to prepare world-class customer facing proposal supplements.
- Manage proposals for large RFPs.
- Participate in developing and implementing product awareness collateral / presentations.
- Provide client feedback to Marketing Product Manager(s) on product & application requirements.
Who you are:
- Minimum 5 years of combined sales, sales engineering, presales experience.
- Record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- Understanding of the Broadcast / Media Technology Market (Live Production experience an asset).
- Possess strong knowledge of industry standard protocols, connectors and terminations.
- Advanced skill set in using in Visio or OmniGraffle as well as AutoCad Architect.
- Preferred experience in scheduling software MS Project or Merlin (OSX).
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills.
- Must be proficient in both Desktop and Server Networking.
- Proactive and able to work co-operatively with and across all company departments.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Possesses strong and creative problem-solving traits.
- Experience working with CRM’s.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Existing knowledge and use of Ross Video products.
- Experience in Video over IP solutions and/or Cloud technologies.
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary