Graphic Designer (Job Req. #2021-070)
Reporting to the Manager, Creative Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the
execution of and/or participation in Ross Creative and Professional Services activities, by
providing services for the design, creation, and implementation of Voyager Unreal projects,
XPression real-time graphics and graphics packages.
This position is located in our Sydney office or a home-based office setting, if mutually agreed
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
▪ Design templates and animations from scratch, using native XPression tools and 3rd-party
graphics applications such as Cinema 4D and Adobe Suite.
▪ Design and build Voyager Unreal Engine AR and VR graphics.
▪ Create packages that conform to standardized workflows outlined by the Manager
▪ Ensures appropriate automation hooks are created for outside control.
▪ Utilize XPression Visual Logic and scripting for automated, dynamic templates.
▪ Setup XPression Datalinq to pull in external data feeds and interface with external data
▪ Use Ross Dashboard to create manual user interface panels and backup solutions for
XPression automated graphics.
▪ Responsible for implementation and integration of graphics packages at customer’s sites,
▪ Attends meetings and conference calls as required to scope, complete, or otherwise
facilitate successful completion of assigned projects as they relate to the job.
▪ Work with other creative and professional service members to institute a consistent and
standardized workflow solution.
▪ Works with Ross team members to create style and operational guides for end users.
▪ Document any custom scripting methodologies to ensure future support from Ross.
▪ May be required to create project style-guides of assets.
▪ Post-secondary degree or trade school diploma
▪ Advanced knowledge of Adobe creative suite
▪ Advanced knowledge of Cinema 4D and Redshift renderer knowledge a plus
▪ Intermediate knowledge of IT workflows
▪ Intermediate computer programming experience in VB, SQL, and/or JAVA is desirable
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
knowledge of Unreal Engine a plus
▪ Minimum 2-5 years production experience in broadcast (studio or remote) or sport venue
▪ Minimum 2-5 years of graphic design experience.
▪ Proficient knowledge of broadcast graphics workflows
▪ Organized and very detail orientated
▪ Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision
▪ Excellent communication skills
▪ Aptitude for animation and choreography of movement
▪ Strong interpersonal and observational skills
▪ High tolerance of ambiguity
▪ Team-oriented, and able to work co-operatively with Ross and end users
▪ Enthusiastic problem solver
▪ Willing to travel on a project-by-project basis up to 50% of the time
▪ Valid Passport
▪ Occasional requirement to set-up equipment – involves lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching,
bending, stooping, etc
▪ Home based or Ross Sydney Office
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50