RMA Special Projects Engineer - Baytown, TX
Successfully lead projects by planning and implementing capital investment projects.
Areas of Responsibility / Tasks
Performance must reflect appropriate level of expertise and achievement of the desired results for the items listed below:
- This position will require competence in the following manufacturing engineering and design areas:
- Developing and controlling Mechanical piping systems for supporting manufacturing equipment such as pneumatic product conveying, compressed air, process water and cooling systems and etc.
- Working with RMA stakeholders to develop equipment support platforms such as operator working stations or tiered mezzanines.
- Collaborate with RMA CAD Specialist to develop project support drawing packages such as PFD’s (Process Flow Diagrams) and P&ID’s (Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams), GA’s (General Arrangement drawings)
- Collaborate with RMA CAD Specialist and vendor equipment suppliers for equipment approvals to ensure equipment fit and function.
- and other custom metal items. etc.
- Preferrable to have knowledge of the following manufacturing processes:
- Twin screw polymer compounding
- Pellet and powder material conveying systems
- Plastics resin recycling processes
- Preferrable to be proficient in 2D AutoCAD software usage.
- equipment / installation standards, “Capacity Plan System of Record”, etc.) for assigned projects.
- Maintain financial controls to ensure approved Capex Budgets are not exceeded.
- Support Special Projects Engineering Manager and Operations Team on high visibility responsibilities including acting as backup when scheduling conflicts occur.
- Responsible for planning, design and execution for capex projects:
- Zero safety issues during project planning and implementation.
- Finished project actual spending at or below approved CapEx budget.
- Positive performance feedback from our customers (external = via Business Manager, and internal = via Plant Manager).
- Assist in the completion of special projects.
- Follow all Ravago Quality, Safety and Environmental Procedures.
- Uphold the Ravago Code of Conduct standards.
Minimum Qualifications/ Education / Experience / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred (or equivalent work experience).
- Travel to project sites and equipment suppliers as required.
- Specification package development (mechanical, electrical, etc.) experience required for both equipment manufacturers and installation contractors.
- 5 + years of Engineering and Manufacturing design experience.
- Must have experience and demonstrated success for completing large capital projects ($ 1 million + ) on‐time, on‐budget and safely.
- Lead with a “Sell, Not tell” style and ensure systems are performing using a Management by Walking Around (MBWA) style. Consistently display highest levels of Code of Conduct leadership behavior.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Detail oriented, attention to accuracy and ability to multi‐task and GET A JOB DONE.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite Excel, Word and Power Point.
Competencies; Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent within our culture.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, with/or without the use of a private office.
- Must be comfortable working in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- All injuries regardless of severity must be reported to your Supervisor/HR immediately.
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience, and therefore must be adaptable to work in a shared space, with constant noise, with/or without the use of a private office. Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
Physical Requirements / Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk.
- The employee must regularly use hands on keyboards and other office equipment.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 55 lbs.
Ravago Americas is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this employer depends solely upon your qualifications.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 700738177 - RMA Corporate Maintenance
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 7777 SUTTON RD, Baytown, TX 77523, USA