Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. It is anticipated that Quarterra will spin-off from Lennar and become an independent, NYSE listed, Alternative Asset Manager later this year under ticker symbol "Q". For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Field Engineer, under direct supervision, assists the Project Manager and Superintendent in managing the subcontractors and suppliers on a project site. The Field Engineer is integral to the monitoring of activities at construction sites. They work to ensure that construction progresses as scheduled and that contract specifications are adhered to.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submit daily reports and weekly safety meeting minutes.
- Accept deliveries, verify quantities, and note any discrepancies.
- Prepare and submit daily man count reports that document the number of workers on the construction site in the morning and afternoon.
- Review construction documents for problems and conflicts.
- Update and monitor all construction documents with changes.
- Examine and thoroughly walk site, looking for unsafe practices, unauthorized personnel, product deficiencies or improper construction methods and reports all unsafe work practices to supervisor.
- Inspect all foundations prior to concrete placement, verify dimensions, clean beam bottoms, check cable chairs, verify proper cable clearance and coverage, etc.
- Ensure work progress of subcontractors and that reports are accurately completed.
- Develop, organize, and track office documents assigned by Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Assist in the creation, distribution, and management of punch list to all rough trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, phone, TV, fire and framing).
- Check all rough trade work and walk truss inspections with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Comply with all Company safety policies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related study is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in construction is preferred; preferably multi-family construction.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Knowledge of construction and business software including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to proof your own work and the work of others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Pay Type Salary
- Everett, MA 02149, USA