Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. It is anticipated that Quarterra will spin-off from Lennar and become an independent, NYSE listed, Alternative Asset Manager later this year under ticker symbol "Q". For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting is responsible for assisting the Manager of Financial Reporting. The Senior Accountant primarily helps with assembly and review of periodic (e.g., quarterly, annual) reports. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will help design and implement improvements in reporting systems, process improvement and drive automation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in ensuring U.S. GAAP accounting policies are being correctly and consistently applied across the company through review of monthly results and balance sheets.
- Identify new or enhancements to policy guidance and work with the Accounting Policy Director to improve compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Act as a key team member ensuring the completion of earnings releases, SEC 10-K and 10-Q reports.
- Participate and research ESG reporting requirements applicable to regulatory filings, including with the SEC.
- Calculate and report on quarterly earnings per share.
- Assist in footnote and financial statement preparation and drafting of MD&A for these reports; additionally, ensure complete coverage of regulatory filings between team members.
- Review disclosure submissions from various teams, including evidencing compliance with appropriate controls.
- Ensure xBRL filing compliance.
- Involvement in the reporting of business acquisitions, dispositions, and other corporate transactions.
- Involvement in the preparation of the annual impairment reviews of goodwill and other intangibles.
- Assist in drafting periodic reports for presentation to the audit committee and executive team.
- Assist in the development of systems used for financial reporting, the consolidation process, and the development processes used to collect additional financial data.
- Assist with the preparation and circulation of the internal monthly results reports.
- Keep abreast of current trends, accounting procedures, and financial reporting rules by networking with peers, attending industry meetings/seminars, and reading professional journals.
- Work with Internal Audit in supporting corporate and divisional Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts; maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of ally systems, processes, and financial data.
- Work on special projects as they arise.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting is required.
- 3+ years of GAAP accounting and financial reporting experience (SEC reporting preferred).
- Experience with joint venture and public accounting preferred.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Strong prioritization skills while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS tools (e.g., Word, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Sage/Timberline, TimberScan, and RealPage a plus.
- Proven team player that can work quickly, accurately and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Attention to detail with ability to learn quickly.
- Proven track record for meeting deadlines.
- Proactive in identifying reporting issues and developing solutions.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Senior Accountant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA