Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Manager supports the Community Manager in overseeing and managing the financial and operational aspects of the apartment community while maintaining an elevated level of customer service at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately record all prospective and current resident information to ensure the integrity of the community management system (OneSite).
- Complete daily financial operation tasks of the community by collecting and posting rent, fees, and other payments, preparing daily bank deposits and reconciling bank accounts, preparing financial reports, and processing invoices and payables.
- Review resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicate with residents regarding outstanding balances, implement procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforce the lease terms.
- Review and submit invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, obtaining Community Manager approval, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor and accounting.
- Follow the Company’s established procedures related to evictions by following proper notice requirements, eviction of residents, and represent the Company as required in court hearings and eviction proceedings.
- Process resident move-outs by reviewing lease terms and notice requirements, apply appropriate deposit and lease cancellation fees.
- Promote resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and take appropriate action to resolve and address service issues in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
- Act as the on-site supervisor in the absence of the Community Manager by organizing and delegating daily work, coordinating maintenance and make-ready tasks with the Service Supervisor, and managing the operation of the community in compliance with company policies, procedures, and business practices.
- Assist in managing the owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conduct community tours, provide updates and information about the community’s performance, and respond to owner requests.
- Support leasing and marketing efforts with leasing duties.
General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to be $26 [annualized/per hour], subject to adjustment based on business-related factors including employee qualifications and operational considerations.
- This position will be eligible for company benefits in accordance with Company policy. We offer a competitive total rewards package including medical, dental and vision coverage along with a broad range of supplemental benefits including 401k Retirement Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer paid time off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We are pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business.
Applicants may apply for this position via our careers website.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Employment history that demonstrates experience in property management, sales, marketing, and customer service sufficient to assist in managing the day-to-day operation of an apartment community, including but not limited to, resolving customer complaints and issues, completing financial records, documents, and reports, increasing sales revenue, and coordinating the work of a team.
- Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Assistant Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
#CK #LI-CK #LI-PMT
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Job Family PM - Property Operations
- Job Function Property Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $26.00
- Seattle, WA, USA