Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B) is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation’s most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Superintendent is responsible for maintaining project goals, schedule, and overall quality of projects. Supporting the Director of Construction, the Senior Superintendent advocates and mentors on-site field Associates and supervises the work of subcontractors. As an essential member of the construction team, they ensure project compliance with all building codes and governing authorities’ requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all construction administrative functions on the project.
- Provide pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Conduct material take-off prior to construction to schedule subcontractors, purchase order deliveries, and verifies quantities.
- Create final project schedule along with the Director of Construction and assist with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Aid in compilation of and review all subcontractor scopes.
- Monitor quality of workmanship and materials on project.
- Oversee subcontractor submittals to construction and development departments.
- Maintain weekly status and safety reports on project for supervisory review.
- Create and maintain site logistics plan.
- Ensure as-builts & SWPPP/BMP progress maps are maintained.
- Prepare and maintain the daily work log.
- Create and manage RFI’s.
- Initiate project progression photos.
- Provide construction status at OAC meetings.
- Monitor subcontractors’ work is in compliance with the comprehensive project safety program and assist with OSHA inspections.
- Conduct exit meeting with 3rd party inspectors.
- Review and approve subcontractors’ and suppliers’ pay requests.
- Oversee project close-out including finalizing as-builts and collecting close-out documents.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of Superintendent experience is required.
- Extensive multifamily construction experience is required.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a position which requires the Senior Superintendent to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Pay Type Salary
- Everett, MA 02149, USA