Suspicious Order Monitoring Data Analytics (hybrid role)
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians, and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to: actual or perceived race, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, age, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status and military service, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinance.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- EEOC Know Your Rights
- EEOC Know Your Rights (Spanish)
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: email@example.com. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
Responsible for applying analytic techniques to data sets to assess Suspicious Order Monitoring (SOM) risks. This includes retrieving, aggregating, organizing, and interpreting data for insights and to aid the SOM Team in drawing meaningful conclusions from the data. Manage the annual establishment and update of the national average calculation by customer. Also responsible for conducting investigative research using open-source databases, public record and legal database searches, state regulatory websites, etc., and will be required to report findings. Responsible for assisting with reviewing, summarizing, tracking, analyzing, and conducting investigative research relating to SOM.
- Retrieve and analyze data to identify potential controlled substance diversion. Use knowledge of data analytical techniques to determine data sets, find trends/insights, draw logical conclusions, and produce metric reporting.
- Utilize data analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Power Point, Power BI, Excel, SQL, and Tableau.
- Project manage data analysis for the SOM Team and serve as subject matter expert on data management and analysis.
- Create ongoing cumulative and monthly data analysis reports, reflecting trends and percentage increases for specific products.
- Articulate data and effectively report results to internal stakeholders.
- Manage annual establishment and update of national average calculation by customer.
- Research and monitor legal updates and state reporting requirements for SOM requirements.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Working Practices Documents (WPDs), as needed, both for Ethics & Compliance Department and other functions.
- Assist with state/federal reporting requirements, conducting investigations and preparing timely, accurate and complete reports, as requested.
- Manage Import/Export due diligence reporting.
- Stay current on ethics and compliance issues/hot topics, as well as industry trends, best practices, federal and state guidance, especially as pertains to SOM.
- Provide information, support and background expertise to others within the Ethics & Compliance Department, as applicable, to assist in overall department operations.
- Maintain strict ethical, legal adherence and confidentiality at all times.
- May also assist with other Ethics & Compliance Department initiatives, including performing audits, training, conducting investigations, assisting with state and federal health care professional (HCP) expenditure reporting, and field-based monitoring.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in Data Analytics, Communications, Math, Computer Science, Information Management, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or equivalent preferred
- At least 5+ years relevant experience required
- 2+ years’ experience in a role that requires statistical and/or analytical skills preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a role conducting research and summarizing and conveying findings, both verbally and in writing preferred
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry with knowledge of controlled substance requirements and/or industry experience preferred, including Manufacturing, Distribution, Pharmacy and Health Care Professional interactions
- Prior law enforcement and/or investigative experience preferred, particularly with the DEA or other agency, with an emphasis and/or knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven ability to work with substantial amounts of data, facts, and figures to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively present data to support conclusions, enabling the Ethics & Compliance team to make informed, data-driven decisions.
- Ability to conduct investigative research regarding diversion of controlled substances, supported by familiarity with regulatory websites, license verification and disciplinary histories.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to validate work to ensure findings and conclusions are based on accurate analysis. Strong organizational skills, diplomacy, and creativity will be very important to accomplishing the objectives of this position.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to assess and appropriately calibrate levels of risk associated with specific issues.
- Proficient in MS Office and various data analysis tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Power Point, Power BI, Excel, SQL, and Tableau).
- Integrity, tact, discretion, and the ability to maintain independence, confidentiality, and trust.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if Applicable)
- Job Family Corporate Compliance
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $95,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $140,000.00
- Stamford, CT, USA