Administrative Associate (Work-Flex)
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians, and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to: actual or perceived race, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, age, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status and military service, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinance.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: email@example.com. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
This position reports to the Vice President, Chief of Technical Operations and provides a wide range of administrative, clerical, and support duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature for the Vice President and core management team at the facility.
- Provide executive level support to the Vice President, Chief of Technical Operations and other assigned leadership team members including, but not limited to:
- Calendar management;
- Travel planning and coordination;
- Expense processing, reconciliation and reporting;
- Planning and executing meetings; assisting with meeting agendas and managing logistics;
- Recording and distributing meeting notes and coordinating follow-up activities;
- Filing and retrieving organizational documents and reports both in hard and soft copy;
- Answering and directing phone calls, messages, and/or fielding/answering questions as needed;
- Designing and producing complex documents, reports and presentations for internal and external communication;
- Utilizing knowledge of the organization to collaborate with partners and resolving questions and issues;
- Maintaining professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercising discretion when interfacing with others.
- Responsible for the daily sorting and distribution of the facility’s incoming and outgoing mail.
- Support the inventory management and ordering of office supplies.
- Review and process incoming invoices; maintain general knowledge of cost center, spend categories, and budget and approval authorities.
- Collaborate with and provide back-up to other site Administrative Associate as needed.
- Participate in special projects and strategic initiatives as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Seven (7) years of administrative support experience with a minimum of five (5) plus years previous experience in a position(s) supporting senior leadership level members
- Associate degree or higher
- Active Notary
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extremely attentive to details, particularly with written communications and PowerPoint presentations
- Highly responsive and resourceful
- Ability to anticipate needs and use good business judgment in escalating priority issues
- Extremely confidential; experienced in handling highly sensitive information discreetly
- Strong collaboration skills and dedicated to team success
- Accountable, responsible, and able to work independently
- Very flexible, able to pivot quickly as priorities change
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to collaborate with team to design effective PowerPoint presentation including the ability to work with complex information and present it clearly;
- Tech-savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, ARIBA or similar procurement, expense and spend management platform.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if Applicable)
This position reports directly to the Vice President, Chief of Technical Operations and has no direct reports.
Additional Information: Physical and Environmental Requirements
Perform job functions in various positions that may require sitting, stooping, balancing, kneeling, crouching, twisting, and/or reaching. While sitting for an extended period of time on a routine basis, incumbent may use the following equipment: Personal computer, telephone/ other voice communication devices, copier, fax, scanners, or other specialized equipment used in an office setting. Ability to work a 10 hour per day/4-day work week; 40 hours per week with overtime as required. Work-flex roles can be performed through a combination of on-site and remote-based work.
The job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Additionally, the company may revise the job description at any time.
- Job Family Administrative Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- 4701 International Blvd, Wilson, NC 27893, USA