Manager, A/P and Disbursement
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians, and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to: actual or perceived race, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, age, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status and military service, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinance.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: email@example.com. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
The Manager, Accounts Payable and Disbursements manages all activities in the accounts payable and disbursements functions.
- Overseeing and providing leadership, creativity, and direction of the Accounts Payable and Disbursements Control Departments.
- Managing team members through optimum selection, development, appraisal, and motivational techniques; provide coaching, enabling, and facilitating the processing of approximately 25,000vendor invoices annually.
- Respond timely to vendor-related questions and take necessary actions to resolve any issues/complaints.
- Review and manage open invoices/debits on accounts payable trial balance to ensure appropriate aging is maintained.
- Prepare and file year-end reporting on Forms 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC.
- Performing audits and reporting of vendor master data and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registrant data.
- Manage the unclaimed property process.
- Maintain SAP vendor master data, Purdue signing authority-related forms, spreadsheet, and system tables.
- Creating and managing effective cross-functional/collaborative partnerships across company to drive internal/external customer satisfaction.
- If necessary, training select executives on Purdue’s wire/e-payment signing procedures/guidelines.
- Perform as project lead for related initiatives.
- Maintain and/or design and implement effective internal controls to assure safeguarding of assets and that Purdue’s financial information is reliable, accurate, and timely.
- Review appropriate systems and level of authority by role, cross-functionally with the Information Technology Department.
- Establishing or re-engineering operating procedures/systems designed to improve performance and minimize technical or operational difficulties; establish and maintain continuity planning efforts for the Finance Department.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area
- At least ten (10) years of accounts payable / accounting experience
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of accounts payable processes
- SAP ERP experience required; SAP Ariba and/or Zycus procurement system experience preferred
- Must possess strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- The position has direct supervisory responsibilities for two (2) employees.
Job Titles Supervised:
- Team Lead, Accounts Payable
- Senior Team Lead, Disbursements
- Job Family Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- 201 Tresser Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901, USA