Sr. Pharmaceutical Technician. 2nd shift
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians, and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to: actual or perceived race, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, age, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status and military service, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinance.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: email@example.com. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
The Senior Pharmaceutical Technician will efficiently, effectively, and safely clean, set-up, and operate highly automated processes and equipment in the packaging area while adhering to applicable cGMPs, SOPs, FDA, and DEA guidelines.
- Follow Master Batch Records for the packaging of controlled, oral solid dose (OSD) and other dosage forms when required.
- Perform weight checks for incoming and dispensed materials ensuring compliance with established procedures. Operates scales including set-up, verification, leveling and challenging.
- Identify, report, and resolve quality issues.
- Load, unload product from pallets and containers as required.
- Safely and in compliance with batch records and SOPs, set up, operate, and clean packaging equipment.
- Perform in-process testing and inspections as required by Master Batch.
- Clean and sanitize packaging rooms which may include walls, floors, and ceilings per SOPs.
- Report accidents and unsafe conditions or unusual circumstances to supervisor.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation. Follow good documentation practices in accordance with GMP.
- Handle labeling and components correctly; transferring, counting, FIFO, returns, etc. during packaging processes.
- Actively participate in Production team and Site communication meetings.
- Assist process improvement initiatives (i.e. PDCA, KAIZEN)
- Assist GMP investigations and proactively identify and eliminate potential root causes.
- Train, understand and navigate Quality Systems (i.e. SAP, Trackwise)
- Assist with the creation and writing of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in your technical area of proficiency
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five or more years of pharmaceutical industry experience preferred or equivalent combination of education, demonstrated mechanical skill, and experience in a similar industry.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in oral solid dose (OSD) pharmaceuticals, and/or other dosage forms preferred. OSD process areas include: Bottle Packaging with Serialization.
- Capability to perform basic/complex mathematical computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Understanding of the Metric System of Measurement.
- Proficient knowledge of the functional/process area. The work calls for sufficient comprehension and mechanical aptitude of the area to solve work problems, to be able to advise on technical matters, and to serve as a resource on the subject for others in the organization.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents such as Standard Operating Procedures, protocols, and investigation reports).
- Ability to use material handling equipment safely (pallet jacks and lifts)
- Ability and willingness to participate on projects and assignments in support of operations
Supervisor Responsibilities (if applicable)
The Senior Pharmaceutical Technician has no direct reports.
- Quality/Compliance: Achieve a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes while maintaining compliance with policies and all regulatory requirements.
- Communication: Clear, accurate, effective, and timely written and verbal communication. Strong attention to detail and ability to write and record data legibly and accurately inaccordance with cGMP regulations.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve goals, build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Critical thinking/problem solving: General ability to collect, organize and analyze data. Ability to recognize, analyze and solve a variety of problems.
- Initiative: Ability to take ownership of work, doing what is needed without being asked and appropriate follow-through.
- Adaptability: Being receptive to feedback, willingness to learn, and open to continuous improvement.
- Operational Excellence: Embrace and support Operational Excellence Culture and Initiatives
- Accountability: Demonstrate ambition and discipline to achieve organizational and career goals.
- Required to occasionally lift, carry, and empty boxes of material weighing up to 35 pounds each;
- Transport materials using manual, and power assisted vehicles including manually pushing and pulling drums, totes, boxes, and pallets;
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder to operate equipment;
- Ability to work a 10 hour per day/4-day work week; 40 hours per week with overtime as required.
- Job Family Technical Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4701 International Blvd, Wilson, NC 27893, USA