Public Safety Security Officer - OC
Closes: Open Continuously
Job Title: On Call Security Officer
Department: Public Safety
Reports To: Assistant Director
Hours: On-Call (Hours Vary)
Salary: Based on Salary Matrix
Must be able to work any shift assigned including days, evening, graveyard, weekends, and holidays.
Note: This is a part time position – Maximum 20 hours per week. Not benefits eligible.
Responsible for protection and security of the Puyallup Tribal buildings and property. Reports all incidents in writing to the Assistant Director and any criminal activity to both the Assistant Director and the Puyallup Tribal Police Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Is responsible for protecting and securing Tribal buildings and property as assigned.
- Promptly reports for assigned shift.
- Observes and completes incident reports for all non-criminal incidents in writing to the Puyallup Tribal Public Safety Department. Observes and reports all criminal activities to Law Enforcement Department immediately and completes incident reports.
- Remains alert throughout shift and ensures visitors sign in/out at all Tribal buildings.
- Responsible for escorting visitors throughout building when required.
- Completes required daily log for each shift.
- Promptly and accurately follows instructions received from Supervisor.
- Monitors security cameras per assigned schedule.
- Must understand building safety protocols and implement when needed. Notifies Law Enforcement as immediately.
- Responsible for completing department’s emergency lockdown procedures when needed.
- Responsible for working mandatory events such as, Tribal Membership meetings, Pow Wows, Culture events, construction projects, etc.
- Must be able to use a two-way radio to communicate with other security staff and law enforcement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
- Must demonstrate an ability to perform job duties and be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to work any assigned shift including weekends, evenings, graveyard and holidays.
- Must have the ability to write incident reports.
- Must be willing to work at any Tribal location as assigned by supervisor.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses or Certificates
- No felony convictions within the past five years preferred, however, background checks will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine mitigating factors.
- Must be able to pass a background check prior to and periodically throughout employment.
- Must attend and pass WA DOL Security Guard Training within 90 days of hire.
- 40 – 80 Hours of on-the-job training required, once hired.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Must deal with the public in a tactical, pleasant and courteous manner.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; push and/or pull; kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is quiet.
- The physical exertion is moderate.
- Work is performed in outdoor weather conditions and may occasionally work in high, precarious places; near moving mechanical parts and be exposed to extreme cold.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA