Tech Infrastructure Manager
Closes: When Filled
Department: Information Technologies
Reports To: Director of Technology
Hours: 40 Hours/Week – Full Time
Salary: Based on Salary Matrix + Benefits*
*Salaries are market competitive. For accurate salary information, call (253) 573-7863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under general direction of the Director, will provide expert technical and organizational guidance in the overall understanding of complex IT Server and Network solutions to provide PTOI mission critical, enterprise-wide business applications and systems. Assist the IT Director as needed. Position will coordinate activities and projects to ensure pro-active operation of the Tribe’s IT services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises, directs and/or provides expertise in the day to day operations of the Tribe’s information systems.
- Develop and ensure Service Level Agreements and MOU with tribal departments.
- Develops and recommends such hardware/software for capacity management.
- Acts as an escalation point for customer problems.
- Develop and own the processes and procedures used by the infrastructure team, based on best practices.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, policies, and Council Determination Reports.
- Organize and prioritize team workload.
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers on behalf of the department.
- Lead internal projects to improve services.
- Conduct team reviews and be responsible for personal and career development of team members.
This position will supervise the Infrastructure Team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Puyallup Tribe of Indians personnel policies and procedures, and all applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, coaching and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have a valid and unrestricted Washington State Driver’s License. Driver’s License must not contain any restrictions that would otherwise prevent an employee from driving a GSA vehicle.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must adhere to strict rules regarding confidentiality.
- Must successfully pass a background check prior to and periodically throughout employment.
- Requires the ability to operate a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile, photocopier, ten-key.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- There are frequent contacts and interruptions during the day.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER AS REQUIRED BY LAW
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA