IT Support Technician
Closes: When Filled
Department: Information Technologies
Reports To: IT Support Manager
Hours: 40 Hours/Week – Full Time
Salary: Based on salary matrix + Benefits*
Under the supervision of the IT Support Manger, the successful IT Support Technician will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of computer workstations, associated software, access control systems, and all supporting functions within the Puyallup Tribe. The IT Support Technician will also be the main point of contact for employees experiencing computer issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and administer computing environments which includes computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Configure and test computer hardware, application software, and operating system software. Recommend changes to improve systems, department processes, and determine hardware or software requirements to the IT Support Manager.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems. Create or update technical documentation for installations, changes, and troubleshooting.
- Working in conjunction with the IT Support Manager, gather data pertaining to customer needs and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements. Recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Implement and provide technical support for voice services and equipment, such as VoIP, voicemail system, and telecom system.
- Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
- Meet with department staff, managers, directors, vendors, and others to assess computing needs and system requirements for new projects, solutions, and resolve problems at the direction of the IT Support Manager.
- Review project implementation to plan and coordinate project activity with our Project Coordinator. Meet with vendors and company personnel to facilitate organizational project completion.
- Installs, configures, and repair hardware and software related to the security camera and access control system. Must be able and willing to work on a ladder, operate a boom or lift truck, and familiar with common hand tools.
- Performs physical activities that involve the lifting, moving, and installation of equipment.
- Performs cleaning activities that may require the use of cleaning equipment such as a vacuum cleaner, broom or mop. This cleaning is usually required where there is computer network equipment, limited access to the equipment by regular cleaning personnel, and a need to keep the impact of dust on the equipment to a minimum.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No supervisory duties.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree (A. A.) from a college or university in Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of one-year related experience and/or training (two years preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis (if no degree, must demonstrate a minimum of three years related experience). Additional education still requires minimum experience to be met.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Licenses and/or Certificates
M Having at least one of the following certifications is preferred: Hardware+, Network+, Security+
Required to have a valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, multi-line telephone, facsimile, and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to work from an elevated surface like a ladder or lift.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is low to moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- There are frequent employee contacts during the day.
- Position may be stressful at times due to the sensitive or confidential issues being addressed.
- Requires occasional travel using employee's own transportation.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA