- Onsite, fully-equipped gym facilities
- Hybrid/flexible working arrangements for most roles
- Fleet cars for use by staff for local business travel
- Employee rewards, health and financial wellness programs
- Volunteer days and opportunities to participate in community events
- Culture of respect, commitment and camaraderie
Implements and supports enterprise security architecture and oversight for development, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of information security products, policies, procedures, programs, standards, and controls. Serves as a subject matter expert with security issues, best practices in cybersecurity, vulnerability management, and technical processes.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Implements and supports enterprise security architecture and oversight under the direction and leadership of the department team lead.
- Assists in the development, configuration, implementation and maintenance of information security products, policies, programs, standards, procedures, and controls.
- Responsible for cybersecurity education and awareness program, which includes creating content for monthly awareness communication and training.
- Promotes security using the organization’s cybersecurity framework.
- Supports and monitors information security systems to meet goals of the Cyber Risk Remediation Program and engages in appropriate best practices; regularly reviews and updates risk remediation program documents.
- Serves as a technical resource and team member in security integrity, research methods, and best practices for internal and external vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
- Identifies security enhancement opportunities and the implementation of solutions.
- Supports proactive and reactive security investigation methods and effective incident response programs and participates in tabletop exercises.
- Performs information gathering, including log collection, correlation, reviews, archival, retention and monitoring of automated alerts for items such as change detection alerts, rogue wireless network alerts, security system health alerts, exploit attempt alerts and unauthorized account changes; continuously tune the system with the senior team lead to remove false positives and add new use cases and detections
- Supports the vulnerability management functions by assessing the vulnerability of applications, databases, servers, network devices, and client computing devices.
- Monitors communication channels such as alerts and vendor bulletins for security vulnerabilities and security patches.
- Works closely with others and provides support and guidance, including support of the technology and physical security teams in adherence to security best practices.
- Supports technology with the development and implementation of the disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Performs related administrative, documentation and other duties that support security applications, tools, programs, and reporting.
- Maintains professional memberships with various Information Sharing and Analysis Centers and other industry groups, notify others on team when relevant, remains updated with the security landscape and regularly attend cybersecurity training.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Passion for delivering reliable and secure information technology solutions combined with the highest levels of customer service.
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and obtain and maintain required technical certifications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, exhibit a positive attitude, and collaborate with others to provide high level of customer service.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols used to support switching, routing, and logical access control functions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work occasionally during the evenings, weekends, after hours and on-call for both scheduled and unscheduled events.
Education and licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ITIL training certification or ability to complete certification within the first year.
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler) or equivalent or ability to complete certification within the first year.
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to remain insurable under the vehicle liability policy.
Required work experience
- Three years in an information system in an enterprise environment.
- One year of cybersecurity experience in an enterprise environment.
- Any one of the following certifications: CCNA, MCSA, or other similar.
Physical demands, work environment and hazards
- Minimal physical effort typically found in clerical work. Primarily sedentary, may occasionally lift and carry light objects. Walking and/or standing as needed and minimal.
- Exposure to routine office noise and equipment.
- Minimal exposure to hazards are typically found in general office environment where there is rarely to no exposure to injury or accident.
Bi-weekly salary range for position: $3,730 - $5,129 (placement DOQ)
(range if annualized: $96,996 - $133,368)
- Health insurance options including a PPO and high deductible health savings account with prescription drug coverage
- Benefit advocacy
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Basic life insurance
- Basic accidental death and disability
- Dependent life and supplemental life insurance options (voluntary)
- Accidental death and disability insurance (voluntary)
- Long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plans 401a defined contribution plan 457b deferred compensation plan
- Paid holidays (12 annually)
- Paid time off: personal and sick leave
- Wellness program
- In-house training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement Employee assistance program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Platte River endeavors to make our careers site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at 970-229-5323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Platte River cannot provide employment to applicants who will require sponsorship now or in the future (i.e. H1B visa, OPT status).
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 50