Front Desk Supervisor
Title: Front Desk Supervisor
Program: St. Nicholas House
St. Nicholas is a congregate care supportive housing program located in Upper Manhattan. St. Nicholas provides permanent, affordable, supportive housing to 94 single adults of whom 61 are formerly homeless men and women referred through DHS. St. Nicholas is funded by DOHMH and DHS. Of those 61 clients, 40 are diagnosed with a chronic mental health issue and 21 are in recovery from substance use issues. The remaining 33 units are “fair market” and reserved for low-income tenants, referred from the local community.
Under the general direction of the Program Director, with some latitude for independent action, the Front Desk Supervisor directs a staff of Front Desk aides, in providing direct assistance to the clients in adhering to the rule and regulations of the program; performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Front Desk Supervisor include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Performs all Front desk Attendant duties
- Oversees the operations of the facility, including emergencies
- Supervises and trains Front desk staff
- Coordinates weekly schedule
- Reviews and documents incident reports
- Reviews logbook prior to shift concluding
- Provides crisis intervention and shares pertinent information with appropriate staff
- Provides on-call coverage for the facility on a rotating basis with Clinical Coordinator and Program Director
- Reports directly to Program Director
- Participates in the design and implementation of program improvements, policies, procedures and other strategic planning efforts.
- Provide emergency first aid/CPR assistance when needed.
- Works flexible days and hours during weekends and holiday.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant and Program Directors.
- High School Diploma/GED and experience working with homeless/formerly homeless, substance use and mental health populations.
- Fire Safety Training Completion preferred.
- Trained in De-escalation & Cultural competency
- Trained in Opioid Overdose Prevention.
- Must be able to walk between the floors of the facility, in order to observe staff and tend to the building needs.
- Spanish Speaking Preferred.
All newly hired Project Renewal staff must provide verification of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $19.78
- Max Hiring Rate $19.78
- Required Education High School
- Permanent- St. Nicholas, 646 St. Nicholas Avenue, New York, New York, United States of America