Title: Team Leader
Program: Fort Washington Men's Shelter
Salary Range: $55,000 – 56,000
The Fort Washington Men’s Shelter is a 200-bed temporary shelter which Project Renewal manages under a contract with the Department of Homeless Services and the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Comprehensive psychiatric, medical, and case management services are provided to men who are homeless who have been diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse.
Under the general direction of the Clinical Director, the Team Leader will provide direct supervision to the Case Managers as well as managing a small caseload to provide assessment, counseling, and referral services to the clients at the shelter; ensures that proper protocols are being followed and performs quality assurance activities regarding the delivery of services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Position include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Performs a thorough assessment of clients being referred to the shelter to determine them appropriateness for our setting, identify the full range of service needs, and assign to Case Manager.
- Provide guidance and direct supervision to an assigned team of Case Managers to ensure assessments, including psycho-social evaluations are being performed, Independent Living Plans are prepared and being followed, referrals to appropriate programs are made, and integration of services is occurring.
- Provide guidance and direction to Housing Specialist to ensure that HRA2010E packages are being generated and being given to DHS as well as other housing providers.
- Assists in quality assurance activities to ensure service milestones/program performance goals are met.
- As part of the 6-month after care services, monitors status of client’s place in the community to ensure successful community integration. Facilitates the provision of any assistance need to ensure that clients remain housed.
- Ensures that accurate and up to date clinical documents are being maintained and that required data is being inputted in a timely fashion into CARES system by Case Managers.
- Attends and participates in the weekly P4P Case Conference meetings on the status of each client.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Shelter Director and Clinical Director.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW)
- A minimum of four years of experience working with homeless mentally ill adults or other special needs
- Must have at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of case management software as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Language: Spanish speaking preferred
All newly hired Project Renewal staff must provide verification of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $56,000.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Shelter- Fort Washington, 651 West 168th St, New York, New York, United States of America