Prince Waikiki: Banquets Bartender (On-Call)
Aloha and Welcome! Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Prince Waikiki on Oahu. We invite you to our dynamic team of hospitality professionals.
We are confident that our salary and benefits package will be attractive. In addition to competitive industry salaries, ambassador recognition programs, training, and career opportunities, we offer the following benefits: medical, drug, vision, and dental care, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401K, Health Reimbursement, discounted parking, dining and golf discounts, and more.
At Prince Waikiki, we're creating a hospitality company whose future is unlimited and whose values reflect the dedication and passion of our employees.
Our success is measured by the quality of the relationships we build with one another, our guests, and our strategic partners.
By seeking ways to add value to every encounter, we set ourselves apart from others and instill a sense of pride that is uniquely Prince. We invite you to share this journey with us.
PW Banquets Bartender
Primary Responsibilities:Create 100% guest satisfaction by delivering food and beverage to banquet guests. Professional. Exceed guest’s expectations. Communication, teamwork, take ownership, be empowered.
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing “can do’ attitude
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility when providing guest service and teamwork.
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks suing standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
- Listen and apologize with empathy, find solutions when resolving guest problems
- Cooperates with other servers to meet and exceed guests expectations
- Provides prompt , quality service to customers of banquet bar by preparing beverages and serving guests in accordance with Prince standards
- Provides service to guests by suggesting a cocktail/wine or non-alcoholic beverage and upselling to premium products as appropriate
- Maintains cleanliness of banquet bar at all times
- Maintains par levels of beverages and glassware at all times, displays beverages in an attractive fashion
- Maintains knowledge of bar inventory and wine selection to respond to properly to customer questions
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of beverage recipes and mixing procedures
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
- Adheres to hotel policies
- Understands and follows the laws and guidelines for beverage service
- Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys in accordance with hotel policies.
- Records accurate consumption at end of each event
- Locks up and stores all beverages, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
- Must successfully complete Alcohol Awareness Training.
- Read and understand all particulars of Banquet Event Orders, including start time and beverage requirements.
- After function, remove inventory and all beverage equipment to proper storage.
- Retrieve and store bar glassware to proper storage.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the banquet team.
- Expediently communicate any challenges, guest complaints or requests to the Banquet Captain.
- Respond to the Banquet Captain’s instructions and directions.
- Performs general cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested eg., special guest requests.
- Must adhere to all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
- Observe all safety procedures during the execution of assigned duties.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards guests, co‐workers and management
- Arrive at scheduled start time in appropriate uniform and ready to work.
- Uniform must be neat and pressed.
- Keeps work station clean at all times.
- Ability to set‐up Banquet Function Bar set‐ups.
- Collect all necessary equipment, beverages, etc. to set up designated area.
- Polish all glassware and prepare needed bar fruit.
- Provide beverage service to guests in a professional and courteous manner consistent with established standards and levels of excellence.
- Report to Banquet Captain before ending work shift.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting security with disorderly guests.
- May be required to work out doors, day or night, on occasion
- Varies based on functions booked by the hotel.
- Cash register
- Micros / POS
- Bartending tools such as bottle opener, corkscrew, etc.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Lifting (waist up or floor up), 35 lbs., carry, 30 lbs.
- Pulling, pushing up to 500 lbs. on cart with wheels
- Repetitive reaching, bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping, standing and or walking throughout entire shift
- Able to work standing and in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Basic mathematical and computer skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Must be 21 years of age
High School diploma or equivalent
1 year bartending experience required.
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate (i.e., TB clearance, Hawaii Liquor Commission Blue Liquor card)
Must have basic knowledge of beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
Must be neat, clean and well-groomed at all times.
Fully knowledgeable in drink recipes.
Knowledge of laws of liquor service.
Previous bartending experience in a hotel banquet environment preferred.
We appreciate your interest in joining our 'Ohana. Due to our numerous inquiries, only qualified applicants for posted positions will be contacted by phone or email provided on your employment application form.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Prince Waikiki, 100 Holomoana Street, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America