Prince Waikiki: Golf Course - Gardener (Full Time)
Aloha and Welcome! Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Prince Waikiki on Oahu. We invite you to our dynamic team of hospitality professionals.
We are confident that our salary and benefits package will be attractive. In addition to competitive industry salaries, ambassador recognition programs, training, and career opportunities, we offer the following benefits: medical, drug, vision, and dental care, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401K, Health Reimbursement, discounted parking, dining and golf discounts, and more.
At Prince Waikiki, we're creating a hospitality company whose future is unlimited and whose values reflect the dedication and passion of our employees.
Our success is measured by the quality of the relationships we build with one another, our guests, and our strategic partners.
By seeking ways to add value to every encounter, we set ourselves apart from others and instill a sense of pride that is uniquely Prince. We invite you to share this journey with us.
PW Golf Maintenance Gardener
Primary Responsibilities:Gardener is responsible for performing the functions established by the superintendent. He/she will uphold the policies, standards and guidelines set forth by his/her club.
- Change cups and tee markers, fill divots.
- Rake and maintain bunkers and bunker edges.
- Maintain around trees, monuments, cart paths and other areas with a weed eater.
- Perform other related duties assigned.
- Maintain ball washers and ball washer towels.
- Assist with new construction of greens, tees and fairways by grading, preparing soils and planting.
- Trim trees and shrubbery. Cultivate flowers and shrubs.
- Maintain fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment and clean equipment daily.
- Outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to work schedule set by Course Superintendent. Normally day shift 4:00am- 12:00pmwith a 6 day work week.
- Ability to drive a vehicle and operate a weed eater.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to manage stressful and challenging situations.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing to employees, department managers and guests/clients.
- Ability to communicate over the phone.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in golf or related field.
- Ability to follow directions from management.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good reporting and communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current driver’s license.
We appreciate your interest in joining our 'Ohana. Due to our numerous inquiries, only qualified applicants for posted positions will be contacted by phone or email provided on your employment application form.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hawaii Prince Golf Club, 91-1200 Fort Weaver Rd, Ewa Beach, Hawaii, United States of America