Prince Waikiki: Guest Service Ambassador (Full Time)
Aloha and Welcome! Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Prince Waikiki on Oahu. We invite you to our dynamic team of hospitality professionals.
We are confident that our salary and benefits package will be attractive. In addition to competitive industry salaries, ambassador recognition programs, training, and career opportunities, we offer the following benefits: medical, drug, vision, and dental care, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401K, Health Reimbursement, discounted parking, dining and golf discounts, and more.
At Prince Waikiki, we're creating a hospitality company whose future is unlimited and whose values reflect the dedication and passion of our employees.
Our success is measured by the quality of the relationships we build with one another, our guests, and our strategic partners.
By seeking ways to add value to every encounter, we set ourselves apart from others and instill a sense of pride that is uniquely Prince. We invite you to share this journey with us.
PW Guest Services Ambassador
Primary Responsibilities:As an integral part of the team, is responsible for continuously looking for ways to improve each guest’s experience from providing exceptional guest service to being the guest’s liaison with both hotel and non-hotel services. Provide prompt and courteous service, assist in registration and departure service. Assist in maintaining daily department operations.
- Greet and acknowledge internal and external guest using the 10/5 rule
- Maintain cleanliness and organize work areas at all times
- Provide friendly, courteous and professional service at every interaction
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize and multi task with various guest
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- The ability to register guests with emphasis on fulfilling requests, following special handling instructions and adhering to credit policies and procedures
- Assign rooms and accommodate special request whenever possible
- Knowledge of room locations, type of inventory, room rates and availability
- Use suggestive selling techniques to upsell rooms and services
- The ability to work well and closely with internal departments to ensure guest request and services are followed through
- The ability to handle guest problems and complaints in a timely manner with a Win Win resolution
- Be able to work varies shifts including the overnight 10pm – 6am
- The ability to handle emergency procedures and situations while being calm and professional
- The ability to perform tasks and projects as delegated by Management
- Coordinate room status updates with the Housekeeping Department of check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins and any rooms related discrepancies
- Use proper phone etiquette
- Ability to use 10-key by touch, be able to use a computer and type 35 words per minute
- Ability to bend, stoop and lift 30 pounds or more may be required
- Ability to cross-train in other areas of hotel as needed to understand the hotel operations
- - See something Say something
- Generate reports as required
- Roll Oshibori towels
- Sweep and vacuum
- Air conditioned office environment
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours or more during work shift
Flexible schedule required
- Ability to utilize the following: Opera, Saflok, Microsoft Office, Outlook and other systems used in the Front Office areas
- Paper cutter
- Micros POS
- Typing 35wpm
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to handle irate guest while remaining calm and friendly
- Must be able to work under pressure, manage stressful situations and multi task
- Must be able to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas
- Must be able to verbally communicate in person and over the phone
- Must be able to follow verbal or written instructions
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Must be proficient in English (oral and written) to effectively perform job functions
- Must be able to perform general cashiering procedures
- Must be able to multi task and be organized
- Minimum 2 years or more hotel experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
We appreciate your interest in joining our 'Ohana. Due to our numerous inquiries, only qualified applicants for posted positions will be contacted by phone or email provided on your employment application form.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Prince Waikiki, 100 Holomoana Street, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America