Prince Waikiki: Communcation Ambassador (On-Call)
Aloha and Welcome! Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Prince Waikiki on Oahu. We invite you to our dynamic team of hospitality professionals.
We are confident that our salary and benefits package will be attractive. In addition to competitive industry salaries, ambassador recognition programs, training, and career opportunities, we offer the following benefits: medical, drug, vision, and dental care, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401K, Health Reimbursement, discounted parking, dining and golf discounts, and more.
At Prince Waikiki, we're creating a hospitality company whose future is unlimited and whose values reflect the dedication and passion of our employees.
Our success is measured by the quality of the relationships we build with one another, our guests, and our strategic partners.
By seeking ways to add value to every encounter, we set ourselves apart from others and instill a sense of pride that is uniquely Prince. We invite you to share this journey with us.
PW Communication Ambassador
Primary Responsibilities:As an integral part of a team, is responsible for continuously looking for ways to improve each Guests’ experience by providing exceptional guest service. Actively listen and respond positively to Guest questions, concerns, and request using property or department standards to resolve issues, delight, and build trust. Anticipate Guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner; including asking questions of Guest to better understand their needs and listening to Guest preference to act on them whenever possible.
Communication Ambassador process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, do not disturb, call forwarding, conference calls, TDD relay calls, and internal/external Guest calls. Advise Guest of any messages received. Monitor busy or unanswered lines, check back with callers on hold to update status, and offer to take a message. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly. Activate/deactivate guest room message lights as appropriate. Instruct guests on how to access the internet and In-Room electronics. Accurate typing skills of 40 words per minute.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (two-way radios, email).
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- How to operate switchboard.
- Hotel extensions and room numbers.
- Use of the computer (i.e. Opera)
- Paging and radio system.
- Route all callers to requested guest or hotel personnel.
- Air conditioned office environment.
- Ability to sit and walk for up to 8 hours throughout work shift.
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time.
- Schedule will be based on operational needs.
- 24 hour hotel business
- Flexible availability
- Ability to masterfully utilize the following systems: telephone console, Opera, Microsoft Office, Excel, HOTSOS and other systems utilized in Front Office area.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to handle irate guests and remain calm and friendly.
- Must be able to work under pressure, manage stressful situations, and multi-task.
- Must be able to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing 10 lbs. up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to verbally communicate over the phone and in person.
- Must be able to follow verbal or written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks with various departments and guests.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Must be proficient in English (oral and written) to effectively perform job functions.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Preferred 1 year hotel experience or 3 years customer service experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read, write, and understand the primary language (English) used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visits the hotel.
We appreciate your interest in joining our 'Ohana. Due to our numerous inquiries, only qualified applicants for posted positions will be contacted by phone or email provided on your employment application form.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Prince Waikiki, 100 Holomoana Street, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America