Prince Waikiki: 100 Sails - Barback (On-Call)
Aloha and Welcome! Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Prince Waikiki on Oahu. We invite you to our dynamic team of hospitality professionals.
We are confident that our salary and benefits package will be attractive. In addition to competitive industry salaries, ambassador recognition programs, training, and career opportunities, we offer the following benefits: medical, drug, vision, and dental care, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401K, Health Reimbursement, discounted parking, dining and golf discounts, and more.
At Prince Waikiki, we're creating a hospitality company whose future is unlimited and whose values reflect the dedication and passion of our employees.
Our success is measured by the quality of the relationships we build with one another, our guests, and our strategic partners.
By seeking ways to add value to every encounter, we set ourselves apart from others and instill a sense of pride that is uniquely Prince. We invite you to share this journey with us.
100 Sails Barback
Primary Responsibilities:Attentive to guest’s needs and enhance the guest’s experience.Friendly and articulate with excellent communication skills.Ability to multi-task essential duties with multiple departments on a daily basis.Well organized and have a willingness to learn.Works closely with bartenders to ensure product and supplies are always available to service guests.Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of the bar and its equipment.
- Follow Federal and State liquor laws along with hotel policies in serving alcoholic beverages.
- Recognize and appropriately respond to disgruntled patrons.
- Welcome & greet guests in a friendly manner, and build a rapport
- Ensure bar is properly set up and closed down to hotel standards.
- Maintain bar supplies, sanitation and cleanliness throughout service period.
- Ensure proper level of products and supplies to allow for excellent guest service
- Remove dirty dishes, silverware, and glassware from bar and transport to dishwasher.
- Detailed understanding of bar equipment and usage.
- Familiar with all hotel brands and beverages.
- Food and Beverages served in a timely manner.
- Consistently perform tasks as specified by SOP’s.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by a manager.
- Knowledge of the Hawaii Prince Waikiki branding, history and geography.
- Keep work and storage areas clean and orderly.
- Monitor and up-keep the bar’s inventory.
- Store away delivery of products and supplies to the bar.
- Recommend the hotel’s restaurant and facilities to guests.
- Working Conditions:
- 100 Sails Restaurant, Bar and Kitchen.
- Indoor venue with Air Conditioning
- Fast paced environment with elegant guest service.
- On occasion outdoors for special events in various weather conditions.
- Able to work day and night shifts determined by the restaurant manager.
- Able to work more than 40 hours per week when needed.
- Ability to navigate safely Flatbed cart and hand truck dolly.
- Draught beer dispenser and kegs.
- Coffee makers, Tea brewers, Cappuccino machine, Espresso machine.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Able to multi-task and organize/prioritize workload.
- Able to manage stressful & challenging situations when dealing with guests.
- Able to stand, walk, squat, bend, and reach continuously during any given length of shift.
- Able to lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Push and pull up to and over 75 lbs.
- Able to train new employees in same position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English to fellow employees, managers and guests.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Read and write English to perform job duties.
- Passionate about food and beverage and possess a desire to exceed guest’s expectations.
- Service-minded and innovative who continue to deliver high quality standards of service.
- Bar porter experience in a full service bar preferred.
- Dept. of Health TB clearance.
- Minimum 21 years of age to pour alcoholic beverages.
- Must obtain Hawaii State liquor commission card.
- Pass written test on beverage and food items
We appreciate your interest in joining our 'Ohana. Due to our numerous inquiries, only qualified applicants for posted positions will be contacted by phone or email provided on your employment application form.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Prince Waikiki, 100 Holomoana Street, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America