The Mauna Kea Beach Hotel Manta PM General Manager (Salary)
At Mauna Kea Resort, we're creating a hospitality company whose future is unlimited and whose values reflect the dedication and passion of our employees. Our success is measured by the quality of the relationships we build with one another, our guests, and our strategic partners. By seeking ways to add value to every encounter, we set ourselves apart from others and instill a sense of pride that is uniquely Prince. We invite you to share this journey with us.
Division: Management & Non-Union (MAN010)
MK Manta PM General Manager
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for ensuring that all products served, service levels, conduct and maintenance of the operation meet or exceed the standards of the food and beverage operations. Responsible for the overall guest satisfaction, scheduling and labor cost. Knowledgeable in all menu items including beverages, wine and other drinks offered at specific restaurants. Consistently review the restaurants profit and loss and focus on achieving set budget. Apply marketing promotions in the restaurant to boost monthly revenue. Create SOPs for additional standards necessary to improve the operation.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage in overseeing the hotel beverage program including but not limited to: cost control, design, implementation and inventory.
- Drive department GSS scores in the attributes of Service, Overall Satisfaction and Food Quality to meet company established goals
- Assist in preparing annual operating and CIP budget for Food and Beverage.
- Responsible for ensuring that all products served, service levels, conduct and maintenance of the restaurant meet or exceed the standards of the food and beverage operations.
- Establish restaurant procedures and standard of operation.
- Manage restaurant following company policies, procedures and terms and conditions of the CBA.
- Review reservations, floor plan, and seating charts prior to service.
- Knowledgeable in all menu items including beverage, wine and other drinks served in the restaurant
- Greet guests, assist in seating, and servicing when needed.
- Ensure that special requests and VIP’s are serviced properly.
- Ensure county regulations and hotel policies on serving alcoholic beverages are followed.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, counsel and discipline staff.
- Responsible for the work schedule and daily labor cost and other operating expense for the restaurant.
- Check daily labor report to ensure staff levels are within the set budget.
- Review, approve and verify department payroll.
- Prepare required payroll reports.
- Prepare storeroom requisitions.
- Insure all supplies, equipment and linen are available for operation of the restaurant.
- Make recommendations to menu or beverage items to remain competitive in the community.
- Regularly gather ideas for marketing promotion in the restaurant and set one in place each month.
- Create SOPs for additional standards necessary to improve the operation.
- Respond and resolve guest or employee concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensure safety training and standards are maintained.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Conduct regular department meetings.
- Attend resort management meetings
- Maintain department bulletin boards.
- Assist restaurant staff with service when needed.
- Relieve in other food and beverage positions as needed.
- Normal office conditions
- Indoor/Out Door Hotel restaurants or venues that is open for service.
- Restaurant kitchen; normal kitchen noises, loud voices, loud machines
- Must be able to work schedule determined by the Director of Food and Beverage/ Dir. of Rest. & Special Restaurants
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours.
- Must be able to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and with the resort’s word, spreadsheet and other required software.
- Various office equipment including but not limited to calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- Company’s point of sale system
- Restaurant equipment, i.e. coffee maker, cart, espresso machine, wine key, etc.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to manage stressful and challenging situations.
- Able to stand, walk, bend, reach during most of shift
- Able to sit at a desk to do administrative duties.
- Lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to employees, managers and guests.
- Able to communicate on the phone.
- Able to write memos, procedures and policies
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum 4 year college degree or 6 years related experience.
- Dept. of Health TB clearance
- Skills to effectively supervise and manage the department and meet goals
- Must be pleasant, friendly and smiling
- Ability to multi-task
- Liquor Commission Manager’s Card preferred, or acquired within 30 days after hire
We appreciate your interest in joining our 'Ohana. Due to our numerous inquiries, only qualified applicants for posted positions will be contacted by phone or email provided on your employment application form.
- Pay Type Salary
- 62-100 Mauna Kea Beach Dr, Waimea, HI 96743, USA