PPAA--Regional Field Organizer (WA)_Public Affairs #PPH
Why Planned Parenthood?
Pay range is 57,140 - 95,233.
Working at Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana and Kentucky is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health, and well-being of people in our communities and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
About this position:
Responsible for grassroots efforts to organize, empower and mobilize supporters to take action in support of Planned Parenthood's mission. Supports the state and local public affairs team in implementing advocacy, voter identification, voter engagement, and community mobilization programs; directs community outreach, field work, voter contact, and activist cultivation. Also responsible for recruiting and supporting activists in targeted geographic areas who will become informed on local, state and national reproductive health issues and take actions to further the public affairs goals of Planned Parenthood.
This RFO position can be located in either Bellevue or Everett, WA.
PPGNHAIK's compensation philosophy is based on equity and transparency. Starting offers are determined by the candidate's location, directly applicable experience and internal equity within the pay grade. The Pay range is 57,140 - 95,233
Interested candidates should apply by 3/31/23 to be considered for first round selection.
A cover letter will be required when you apply, this position will also remain open until filled.
What you’ll be doing:
- Guides the development of advocacy, voter contact and field programs in assigned service area and collaborates with the Public Affairs Manager, Political Director, and PPVNH staff on goal setting.
- Serves as a credible source of local political and public policy knowledge and information.
- Develops, grows and maintains influential relationships with supporters and volunteers, the general public, the voting public, and other affiliate and PPVNH staff.
- Achieves robust recruitment goals to create and grow an active supporter and volunteer base.
- Generates new activists and volunteers through organizing, outreach, and special event efforts.
- Trains volunteers and interns on Planned Parenthood policies, priority issues, strategies, tactics, and state-specific political processes.
- Manages existing activist base by initiating frequent and regular communication with activists via phone, in person, and e-organizing efforts.
- Develops, grows, and maintains existing data lists for purposes of movement building and keeps accurate records. Follows statewide and affiliate policies and procedures with regard to list building and cleanup, voter identification and voter engagement.
We’ll trust you to:
- Adhere to the PPGNHAIK code of conduct and all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Take action to support the affiliate’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Support and act in accordance with the PPGNHAIK customer service standards.
- Value continuous learning and seek ongoing training and development.
You’ll need to have:
- Education: BA/BS in related field preferred, or comparable professional experience.
- 1+ years’ experience in organizing/advocacy work or related volunteer experience. Demonstrates knowledge of the craft of organizing and the legislative and political system.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office required, experience with the internet and other databases as needed. Experience with e-organizing and social networking is preferred.
- Ability to walk to do door-to-door canvassing, as well as ability to stand for long periods of time while doing crowd canvassing, visibility or tabling.
- Must be comfortable with frequent “cold calling” for volunteer recruitment, voter education and supporter mobilization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate a public affairs agenda to the voting public as well as the general public.
- Strong commitment and ability to recruit, train, manage and perform the following voter engagement tactics including but not limited to: Phonebanking, doorbelling/canvassing, crowd canvassing, visibility efforts, grassroots lobbying, rallies, media events, and tabling.
- Strong motivational skills, work ethic, and desire to mobilize citizens to be more actively involved and engaged in order to achieve progressive political victories on the local, state, and national level.
- Ability to travel both in-state and nationally as needed. Must have reliable transportation.
- Up to date on COVID-19 vaccines and proof of recent Influenza Vaccine are required for employment with PPGNHAIK.
As part of our total rewards package, we offer meaningful work, promotional opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Our attractive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, as well as a retirement plan with matching contributions by employer. For additional information regarding compensation, pay scales, or total rewards, please reach out to email@example.com.
Please click apply now below to submit an application and resume. Once your information has been reviewed by our recruitment team, we will reach out by telephone and email to schedule an interview for all qualified applicants. Please continue to check your spam folder for all email communications that may come from our organization.
Equal opportunity employment
PPGNHAIK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
Racism deeply impacts the health and wellbeing of our communities, compounding existing disparities and creating intersectional barriers. We strive to name and address these barriers through community engagement and assessment, relevant and effective policy creation, and organizational accountability methods. We support initiatives that address all forms of oppression, however, maintaining an explicit focus on race is essential to advancing equity across our communities. Improving outcomes for people of color will improve outcomes for everyone.
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Bellevue, WA, USA
- Everett, 1509 32nd Street, Everett, Washington, United States of America