Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America Req #331
Friday, March 3, 2023
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments. We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support for the Board of Directors, Senior Leadership Team, Office of General Counsel, Administrative Departments, and Firm Committees. The Executive Assistant will interact with attorneys and professional staff, as well as external clients and vendors. This position serves as an important liaison between the executives and internal and external clients.
The Executive Assistant will work a regular, in-office schedule as determined by the Chief Operating Officer. The typical schedule will consist of 7.5 hours per day equating to 37.5 hours per week. Additional hours (including overtime) will be required on occasion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs administrative duties including scheduling appointments, drafting routine correspondence, scanning and converting various documents, and reading and routing incoming mail.
• Manages calendars for the Board and select executives including scheduling, rescheduling or sending individual or group meeting invitations. May track participation and create reports.
• Coordinates travel arrangements including scheduling flights, ground transportation, overnight accommodations, preparing directions, confirming travel schedules and completing expense reports.
• Answers a multi-line telephone system, determines the purpose of calls, handles or transfers callers to appropriate personnel.
• Schedules meetings and coordinates catering, conference room logistics, and room set-up. Partners with office administrators, other administrative support staff, events, and facilities teams when appropriate.
• Prepares and/or edits communications, documents, reports, and presentations. Ensures proper indexing and filing of original documents both paper and electronic.
• Greets and assists visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
• Partners with the events team to plan and execute firm-wide attorney events or other events as requested.
• Coordinates with the Office of General Counsel and Accounting to provide support for liability insurance applications and other projects as assigned.
• Handles Firm gifts and charitable contributions for bereavement.
• Serves as back-up support for attorneys and paralegals as needed. Serves as back-up for other administrative support roles, as needed.
• Adheres to all firm policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. Maintains confidential firm information, including compensation and firm legal matters.
• Other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Office and/or the assigned executives or administrative managers.
• Two or more years of experience as an administrative assistant and an Associate’s degree, or the equivalent combination of experience and education. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in a law firm, legal department, or professional services environment preferred.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent Outlook skills including managing email, calendars, and scheduling recurring events and appointments. Familiarity with Adobe, databases, electronic document management systems, and electronic billing and expense report systems preferred.
• Keyboarding skills of 65+ words per minute with accuracy.
• Skilled in the operation of office equipment such as copy/scanning machine, postage meter, and fax machine.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammar, punctuation and proofreading.
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills. Polished and professional image is paramount.
• Excellent time management skills. Must effectively prioritize work/projects and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and accommodate rush requests.
• Motivated, self-directed individual with ability to anticipate and resolve issues and work with little to no supervision.
• Must be a team player, willing to support other firm members and teams.
Parker Poe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional and all other personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America