Accounts Payable Specialist
Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America Req #315
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments. We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
Direct Reports: No
Supervised By: Billing & AP Manager
Office Location: Charlotte
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for providing superior service to the Firm in the areas of disbursements, handling of trust account money and handling revenue received by the Firm.
The AP Specialist will work a regular schedule as determined by the manager. The typical schedule will consist of 7.5 hours per day equating to 37.5 hours per week. Travel to Firm offices and additional hours (including overtime) will be required on occasion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that both internal and external clients are handled with courtesy and professionalism in all interactions. Focus on providing superior, excellent service.
• Ensure all Firm policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensure all client trust funds are properly handled, safeguarded and accounted for.
• Execute AP using accounting software, Elite/3E.
• Approving and answering expense report questions in Chrome River as well as processing manually (on occasion).
• Processing Corporate credit card reconciliations.
• Processing Annual 1099.
• Respond to internal and external requests regarding account status, transaction detail etc. Perform research as required and communicate as necessary to keep all stakeholders informed. Produce and distribute reports as required.
• Respond to all requests for W-9’s, audit requests and credit references for clients as required.
• Ensure all cost data uploads are performed and any expenses that must be posted manually are posted within required time frame. Research and reconcile any discrepancies in billing information.
• Processes daily check requests and deposits within required time frame
• Processes vendor invoice payments via check, wire or ACH.
• Processes trust account transactions (both checks and wires)
• Ability to process GL Journal entries
• Serve as a backup for bank reconciliations.
• Serve as backup for other members of Accounting.
• Identify issues and suggest solutions or enhancements for billing, disbursements, handling of Trust money and cash handling operations.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by Accounting department management.
• At least 2+ years of Accounting experience, legal industry preferred
• Bachelor or Associates degree in accounting/finance, or a relevant field, preferred.
• Must be able to work 7.5 hours per day (daily shift to be determined by the Billing & AP Manager)..
• Proficiency in Elite/3E software is preferred.
• Possess basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and accommodate rush requests
• Must be a team player, willing to help other team members during peak times
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be able to lift and carry 15 pounds.
Parker Poe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional and all other personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America