eDiscovery Project Manager
Parker Poe, 1075 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America ● Parker Poe, 1400 K Street NW, Suite 1000, DC, District Of Columbia, United States of America ● Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America ● Parker Poe, PNC Plaza, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America Req #307
Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments. We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
Direct Reports: No
Supervised By: Discovery Counsel
The eDiscovery Project Manager promotes and implements eDiscovery protocols in support of the Firm’s strategic vision. The eDiscovery Project Manager collaborates with internal and external eDiscovery resources to ensure efficiency and profitability; manages multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision; and, collaborates with the legal teams to implement eDiscovery best practices.
The eDiscovery Project Manager works closely with attorneys and paralegals in the development and management of all aspects of the eDiscovery lifecycle from case inception through trial. This position requires a combination of technical and case management skills.
The eDiscovery Project Manager functions as a subject matter expert for a variety of systems used by the Firm and is responsible for the administration and maintenance of all eDiscovery systems and tools. The position establishes policies and procedures for litigation/case eDiscovery, and implements process improvement and efficiency standards for the firm.
The eDiscovery Project Manager will interact with external clients and perform functions that are billed to the client.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements technology, recommended practices and systems that are consistent across offices to effectively support the litigation practice and are in line with Firm policies and business goals.
- Provides consulting on eDiscovery issues with legal teams for a wide range of small to large matters. Ensure that legal teams are using appropriate, innovative and cost-effective technologies to manage the discovery process.
- Coordinates and manages all technical resources for an eDiscovery project to include management of services provided by eDiscovery vendors.
- Assists attorneys, paralegals, vendors and clients to ensure proper collection of electronically stored information (ESI) to include obtaining computer, server and cloud-based collection cost estimates, coordinating and tracking collection activities, maintaining chain of custody documentation and ensuring successful transfer of collected data to comply with firm policies and best practices for intake.
- Assists with electronic and paper document discovery, including processing, coding, review and production.
- Manages data transfer and storage to comply with firm policies and best practices, including management of data collections per the Firm’s records retention policy.
- Participates in post-project analysis to discover workflow inefficiencies and obstacles. Applies quality control processes and improvements to the discovery process.
- Ensures all phases of eDiscovery administration are properly coordinated, monitored, documented, tracked and overall maintained at an optimal functional/performance level.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in relevant technology and proactively uses most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- Provides training and technical assistance for Relativity and other internal and external eDiscovery applications.
- Assists with the preparation of eDiscovery case-level budgets and assisting with monthly bill review and/or preparation.
- Participates in appropriate industry organizations and stays current with developments in litigation technology.
- Provides hands-on support for any system issues/problems by working with IT Department members, other firm administrative departments, consultants, vendors, or others deemed necessary to address an incident or problem.
- Adheres to all firm policies, procedures, standards and guidelines, including timekeeping policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Discovery Counsel.
- At least 2+ years of technical experience as a project manager performing data collections, processing, culling and/or productions for discovery or investigations at a multi-office/location law firm, eDiscovery provider or in-house legal department required. Project management experience in overseeing attorney document review is not a substitute for this technical experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree required or a combination of education, certifications, and demonstrable work experience. Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) certification preferred.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience with Relativity, including processing data, setting up workflows and review palettes, and quality checking productions.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience required with the following systems/tools:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office 365 skills plus advanced Excel skills
- Technology-Assisted Review and Predictive Coding tools
- Ticketing tools for tracking data intake and management
- Remote access solutions such as ShareFile
- Social media collection applications such as Page Vault
- Mobile device data collection tools such as Cellebrite
- Substantial analytical, research, evaluative, and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills. Must effectively prioritize work/projects and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work with a wide range of people with various skill levels and experience with eDiscovery tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills. Works well within teams. Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
Parker Poe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional and all other personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Parker Poe, 1075 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Parker Poe, 1400 K Street NW, Suite 1000, DC, District Of Columbia, United States of America
- Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America
- Parker Poe, PNC Plaza, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America