Mechanic - Kauai
We are looking for reliable, experienced (or willing to train) mechanics who are not afraid of hard work to perform inspections, maintain, diagnose and repair all vehicle component systems for Polynesian Adventure Tour’s fleet of motorcoaches and minicoaches.
Be a part of the best tour and transportation team in Hawaii! We offer EXCELLENT compensation, advancement opportunities and a wide range of attractive benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans and a 401(k) with a generous company match! Enjoy paid training and paid vacation after one year.
Polynesian Adventure Tours, LLC, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Please click "Apply Now" below.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational or technical school certification in the related work field preferred.
- ASE, ICAR or related certification preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a heavy-duty fleet shop, and or automotive shop that specializes in light and heavy vehicle repair or related duties; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities has been achieved.
KNOWLEDGE, REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Able to use good judgment and sound decision-making while handling multiple situations.
- Must be dependable and punctual to work as scheduled.
- Possesses considerable working knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of various types of heavy equipment and other power-driven equipment and tools.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal communication skills which include speaking, writing clearly and communicating effectively.
- Requires the ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to carry or lift objects that could weigh up to 75 lbs.
- Able to prepare and maintain accurate reports and records.
- Able to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Able to show initiative and complete tasks independently without supervision.
- Possesses working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions within the field of work.
- Possesses working knowledge in operating a variety of tools and equipment used in the repair of vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Must possess their own set of mechanic tools and tool chest.
- Must possess a valid Hawaii CDL-B with P endorsement driver’s license, or must obtain one within 6 months of hire. Training is company provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $30.00 - $40.00 per hour, DOE
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4031 Halau St, Lihue, HI 96766, USA