CS: App Dev & Data Analytics - Intern
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
Under direct supervision, a Consulting Intern in the IT Business Analyst performs routine assignments in support of the department which include working closely with a variety of project managers, developers and stakeholders to understand and design business system’s functional and nonfunctional requirements, support application testing, and support application users post implementation.
· Working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Accounting, Finance or a related field is required.
· Direct experience or education related to agile software development cycles, software development, design and/or testing.
· Experience or education related to project management, process management.
· Experience or education related to technical writing or requirements gathering.
· Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or related IT Project Management programs is preferred.
· Working knowledge of Scrum or other agile methodologies.
· Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
· Must have excellent communication skills in business and technical environments.
· Must be computer proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· May be required to work overtime and weekends.
· Must have the capability to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
· Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· This position requires you to reach a client’s location/P&N Office in a timely manner and to be on site at client and/or P&N offices to perform job responsibilities.
· Support software development projects through requirement gathering, project planning, and system documentation.
· Support the design and creation of software development screens with wireframes and mock-ups.
· Assist other analysts, developers, and project managers in conceptualizing and development of new business workflows or system processes.
· Collaborate with project managers in defining project vision, organizing project tasks, and tracking project progress.
· Contribute to reporting and custom developed IT projects, perform software development testing, unit testing and debugging which may include preparation of new software, reuse of existing code, modification of existing programs, or integration of purchased solutions.
· Participate in software testing including Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
· Support the creation and execution of manual software testing scripts.
· Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
· Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance (e.g., procedure optimization).
· Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
· Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
· Performs other services as assigned.
- Work/Life Balance: Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Retirement Plan, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Pet Insurance, Competitive Compensation
- Health & Wellness: Employee Assistance Program
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Intern
- Pay Type Hourly