The Audit & Assurance Intern position is designed to provide individuals currently pursuing either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting (or related field) with assignments that further their knowledge of the audit function within a public accounting firm.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 is preferred
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate desire to learn and be flexible.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills in business and technical environments.
- Must have the capability to professionally and appropriately communicate and work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Technically proficient and can perform at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word.
- Must work a minimum of 20 hours per week with a preference of 24 hours a week.
- May periodically travel and work from different company/client locations.
- Under direct supervision, assists, prepares, completes and self-reviews assigned tasks in an efficient manner within allotted time frames.
- Monitors workload and billable hours on a weekly basis.
- Assists team members with various assignments to support due diligence, forensics or restructuring projects as needed.
- Communicates with supervisor any obstacles or items of concern.
- Complies with the professional and Firm requirements (e.g., employee handbook requirements, time entry procedures), quality control document requirement, confidentiality requirements related to client, proposal, personnel, and job related information.
- Attends and actively engages in training sessions or meetings, as required.
- Maintains a positive attitude and is receptive to feedback.
- If applicable, prepares for and take the CPA examination at every available opportunity.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
- Work/Life Balance: Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Retirement Plan, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Pet Insurance, Competitive Compensation
- Health & Wellness: Employee Assistance Program
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Intern
- Pay Type Hourly