Consulting Senior Software Developer
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
A Senior Consultant Software Developer is responsible for developing, testing, implementing and maintaining various internal and client-facing web-based application systems. This role may be remote work that will service clients in the Gulf South area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major is required
- Four years of relevant experience may substitute education requirement.
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer is required.
- Experience working with object-oriented programming languages (Preferably C# & ASP.NET) is required.
- Experience working with database query languages (Preferably MS SQL Server) is required.
- Experience with design concepts and libraries such as MVC and Entity Framework is required.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in business and technical environments and within a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to perform effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Technically proficient to perform at an advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Software Development Suite of products, Microsoft Office Suite of products, and other relevant technical applications.
- May be required to travel and work from different company and client locations.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed
What You’ll Do (Main Responsibilities):
- Collaborates with team and supervisor for work planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout consistent with established program delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other contract requirements.
- Ensures that the scope of work is completed to the satisfaction of the client and key stakeholders, ensuring that quality, budgetary, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Performs development, testing, debugging, and enhancements of applications based on client requirements.
- Assists with producing database tier items such as reports, manages server for application deployments, works with production data sets & systems, and assists with oversight of security for relevant applications and data.
- Provides ongoing support to existing clients, assists with program-specific positioning activities, team arrangements, proposal preparation, and creation of mock-ups, software demonstrations, guided user walkthroughs, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
- Keeps team members and supervisor informed of progress to ensure collaboration with external agencies, if required, and other stakeholders as needed to enable successful development and implementation of complex project workflow and processes.
- Assists with creating, maintaining and implementing the source code that makes up developed applications or programs, ensuring compliance of documentation and coding practices with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and keeps current on compliance-related areas.
- Prepares deliverables/reports for review by the supervisor that include any noted issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of projects activities.
- Collaborates with supervisor, team and internal stakeholders on new technologies, internal projects, and development & integration tasks involving server & cloud software tools (Intacct, Microsoft Azure, JIRA, Confluence, etc.), or other relevant technology information.
- Ensures all work produced meets the guidelines and standards defined for the team, and the customer requirements before being released for User Acceptance approval.
- Identifies and resolves potential problems proactively in work produced or the production process that may lead to customer dissatisfaction.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Senior
- Pay Type Salary