Consulting Senior IT Business Analyst
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
The Senior Consultant IT Business Analyst is responsible for providing Business Analysis, requirements definition, and software testing support to client facing projects in support of the Firm’s strategy and initiatives. Projects include custom software development, system integrations, and business intelligence projects. The position acts as a project liaison between application end-users and the technical development to clearly align business practices with solution requirements and functionality. This position also assists in the support of all solution quality assurance and user acceptance testing.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems and Decision Sciences, or a related field is required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience may substitute education requirement.
- 3+ years of direct experience working on Agile software development or business intelligence project is required.
- 1+ year of experience in leading, building, or managing small to mid-size Agile teams is preferred.
- Experience with Agile application delivery processes, system development life cycle, business assessments, and programs such as JIRA, Confluence, Zephyr, TestRail, TFS, Azure DevOps is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Must be able to gather business requirements and refine existing business requirements into project requirements via a product backlog.
- Desire to develop Agile project management skills with the future ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to lead or support solution Quality Assurance testing to ensure product quality.
- Performs assessments of business needs and assists developers to translate these needs into project requirements.
- Tracks and confirms business system development and implementation efforts. Helps identify impediments for Agile teams.
- Supports the creation of regular reports on project progress, blockers, milestones, and resource needs.
- Works with supervisors to identify and understand engagement scope, manage day-to-day activities of completing work, and assist with oversight of client deliverables.
- Serves as a liaison between technical and non-technical departments by establishing project backlog.
- Ensures project documents and plans are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions to identify business and system requirements.
- Analyzes design specifications, along with development teams, to identify possible project solutions.
- Communicates proposed solutions to end-users or clients for requirements acceptance.
- Tracks development work through the software development product life-cycle to plan to support project activities.
- Performs initial functionality testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements.
- Records and discusses test results with development team and project leadership to determine necessary next steps to ensure desired results.
- Ensures all work produced meets customer requirements before being released for User Acceptance approval and that all work meets the guidelines and standards defined for the team and the project.
- Identifies and resolves potential problems proactively in work produced or the production process that may lead to customer dissatisfaction.
- Performs effective version control management in all aspects of project documentation.
- Produces well-written, internal and external documents and perform workshops on areas of expertise and knowledge if required.
- Ensures developers are kept up to date with the latest problems requiring resolution and take ownership of issue until resolved.
- Assists team members with a resolution of work problems.
- Assists and advises internal customers on technical issues, resolving any incident calls allocated in a timely manner.
- Assists team in queries relating to the progress of any outstanding and ongoing problems or the functionality of the application software.
- Estimates effort and software testing resources required for tasks and ensures tasks prioritized effectively and testing tasks delivered on time.
- May be required to work overtime during the work week or on weekends.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Senior
- Pay Type Salary