Consulting Senior Internal Audit
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
A Consulting Senior Internal Audit role is responsible for completing and/or directing the work performed on engagements/projects as directed to support the department which may include: client support, risk assessments, examining technology systems, analyzing the effectiveness of IT controls, and developing recommendations for improving security design. The position exercises leadership through knowledge and technical ability and/or assigned supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, ISDS, Computer Science, or an approved related field is required.
- 3+ years of experience in the fields of Internal Audit or IT Auditing.
- Advanced degrees and Certifications may be used to supplement for years of experience.
- Must have or be in the process of achieving one of the following internal audit and/or Information Technology auditing certifications: CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, or CISSP.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and project management skill capabilities.
- General knowledge of organizational and business functions to allow for completion of assigned Internal Audit and/or IT Audit tasks.
- General knowledge and understanding of key business risk and related internal controls.
- Ability to perform effectively, efficiently, and with quality under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in business and technical environments. Professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Performs at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
- Perform and report on assigned outsourced and/or Information Technology audits including the following areas: Risk Assessment, Internal Controls over key business risks, IT Governance, Information Security, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Change Management, Data Center Operations, Operating Systems/ Application Systems and Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity Planning.
- Document procedures performed, findings and/or other issues, and draft/compile work papers, report and client correspondence exhibiting effective writing skills.
- Communicate results to appropriate management, including the preparation of audit reports that communicate audit results to management in a clear, concise and substantive manner.
- Prepare and complete assigned tasks in an efficient manner and within allotted timeframes.
- Monitor workload to meet billable hour expectations and perform timely reviews of work products prior to submission to Director/Associate/Manager for further review.
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership skills including, but not limited to, timely and accurate communicating with supervisors and staff personnel, identification of technical or training issues, identification of any staff issues and/or concerns and other similar items.
- Prepare for relevant certification exams until completed and maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing requirements.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Provide courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritize and address requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Identify opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance (e.g., procedure optimization). Assist in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Assist co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Actively support teamwork throughout the organization.
- May be required to travel and work from different company and client locations.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Senior
- Pay Type Salary