For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
An Administrative Utility performs a variety of administrative functions and routine assignments in support of the Tax department and the office support group.
What you will need (Minimum Requirements):
- A High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum experience of two (2) years in a administrative or customer service capacity.
- Intermediate level or the ability to quickly learn the Firm’s document management and retention, and client service applications/programs (E.G. Pro System FX Document or Engagement, Tax systems e.g. ELF and XCM, SafeSend Returns, SignatureFlow) and or other billing software applications/programs.
- Demonstrates quick learn and effectively utilize the Firm’s timekeeping and travel and expense programs (Pro System FX Practice Management, Concur) or other billing software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Positive attitude and proactive nature.
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Displays strong organization skills, ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Technically proficient to perform at an intermediate or advanced level with Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications with an emphasis in Microsoft Excel skills.
- May be required to travel and work from different company and client locations.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed
- Provides client service support including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Greet and assist clients and visitors.
- Answers the phone in a professional manner and effectively communicate/alert other personnel with timely messages.
- Performs financial statement assembly/binding as required.
- Performs tax return assembly duties as required.
- Perform all work in a manner that ensures client confidentiality.
- Scans and files confirmations
- Provides general office support including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Maintains general office areas.
- Assignment to the main receptionist desk on an as-needed basis.
- Tracks supplies and completes/submits purchase requests to the Office Manager as needed.
- As required order, track and coordinate delivery of business cards, name tags/office plates.
- Fills each copier/fax machine with paper and confirms all are in working order on a daily basis.
- Process outgoing mail, monitor postage meter, refill postage funds, call for maintenance, and inventory and order supplies.
- Monitors and distributes faxes.
- Distributes daily status report.
- Performs administrative functions to support all office staff. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Type, proofread, and prepare reports, correspondence and related work for the department.
- Coordinating travel, meeting and calendar schedules as needed.
- Compiling and submitting reimbursement requests.
- Entering time into the Practice Management system.
- Copying, faxing, scanning and filing and other document management services as needed.
- Processing mail and tracking overnight packages.
- Organizing and assisting with meetings as required
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Support
- Pay Type Hourly