Consulting Intern Business Development - Governmental Services
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
This Consulting Intern – Business Development Governmental Services–position is designed to provide individuals currently pursuing either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with assignments that further their knowledge of the business development function within a public accounting and business advisory firm.
What You Will Need (Minimum Requirements):
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in, Business, Marketing, Public Administration, Entrepreneurship, Communications, MBA (or related field).
- 3.0 GPA is preferred
- No work experience required.
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism, ethical behavior, and maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, analytical and entrepreneurship skills.
- Have a desire to learn and be flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in business and technical environments.
- Professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- May perform work in a remote capacity. Must demonstrate effective and efficient work processes within this environment.
- Technically proficient to perform at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
What You Will Do (Main Responsibilities):
- Under direct supervision, assists, prepares, completes and self-reviews assigned tasks in an efficient manner within allotted time frames.
- Supports business development activities such as:
- Conducting market research and analyzing market data.
- Proposal development.
- Capturing details into CRM system.
- Generate reports as needed.
- Performs administrative support tasks.
- Manages and updates SalesForce and/or other CRM applications.
- Documents procedures performed, findings and/or other issues, and drafts/compiles reports
- Identifies issues/concerns and communicates such items to supervisors.
- Required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week with a preference of 24 hours per week.
- May periodically travel and work from different company and client locations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
- Work/Life Balance: Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Retirement Plan, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Pet Insurance, Competitive Compensation
- Health & Wellness: Employee Assistance Program
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Intern
- Pay Type Hourly