Consulting Manager- Business Valuation, Forensic Accounting & Transaction Advisory
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Relevant credentials are preferred (i.e. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF) Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA, etc.)
- 5+ years of direct experience in business valuation, transaction advisory, financial audit & assurance, forensic accounting, or related area is required.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience is required.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals both internally and externally.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Must be technically proficient in Excel, and relevant on-line databases (Capital IQ, GF Data, IDEA, Alreyx, CREATE and Economic databases, etc.
- Leads, manages, and reviews engagements in any of the following service areas:
- Business Valuation:
- Financial & discounted cash flow analysis, application of transaction multiples, industry & economic research, and other related valuation adjustments.
- Developing written reports for use in management, tax, and transaction planning.
- Forensic Accounting:
- Calculation of economic damages, forensic accounting, business valuation, and other financial analyses related to client disputes, and expert witness services.
- Developing written reports and schedules for use in litigation proceedings.
- Transaction Advisory:
- Performs accounting & financial analysis, due diligence, quality of earnings, accounting adjustments, business combinations & carve-out accounting, financial trends & ratios, customer & business segment analysis, working capital & debt analysis, and other related assessments.
- Developing transaction advisory reports specific to key issues such as quality of earnings, financial databooks, and due diligence reports.
- Works with clients to identify engagement scope, manage day–to-day activities of completing work, and takes ownership for overall quality control of client deliverables.
- Conducts meaningful analysis and gathers necessary information from stakeholders on a variety of accounting and finance related areas throughout the engagement process.
- Performs effective on-the-job training for other team members and demonstrates positive leadership skills within the firm.
- Utilizes staff in an efficient and effective manner to meet productivity and realization goals.
- Monitors workload to meet billable hour expectations and performs timely reviews of work products prior to submission to a Director/Associate.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities for senior, staff, and intern positions and provides prompt feedback to Directors/Associates regarding performance. Completes performance evaluations as needed.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with diverse group of clients, team members, supervisors, and subject matter experts.
- Leads the preparation of client proposals, develops new client relationships, expands relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and active participation in civic, business, and professional organizations.
- Maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing requirements.
- May lead and/or assist in recruiting activities.
- May assist co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service.
- Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance (e.g., procedure optimization). Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Performs other services as assigned.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed.
- Must be able to reach P&N’s office in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary