Director of Transaction Advisory
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
P&N is seeking a Consulting Director to oversee our Transaction Advisory Consulting practice! You will drive business growth through opportunity identification, market & client strategy development, proposal creation, and internal & external relationship development. You will also provide leadership and mentorship to a team of consultants and deliver business objectives and initiatives of the Firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Relevant credentials are preferred (i.e. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF) Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA, etc.)
- 12+ years’ experience in the field of Business Valuation, Transaction Advisory, Assurance, Tax, or related area is required.
- 7+ years demonstrated supervisory and work-product review experience.
- Proficiency with on-line databases (Capital IQ, BVR, and Economic databases, etc.) and other research on company specific, industry, and economic analysis.
- Strong skills in critical thinking, research, writing, and communication pertaining to complex financial areas.
- Awareness of environmental, financial, regulatory, and social factors affecting company and clients’ operations and business and knowledge of internal company capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills to communicate with a diverse group of individuals professionally and appropriately both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, project management and team building skills, working effectively independently and within a team structure.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Ability to perform effectively, efficiently and with quality under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities and clients.
- Intermediate or advanced level skills using Microsoft Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Leads, manages, and reviews engagements in any of the following service areas:
- Business Valuation:
- Financial & discounted cash flow analysis, application of transaction multiples, industry & economic research, and other related valuation adjustments.
- Developing written reports for use in management, tax, and transaction planning.
- Forensic Accounting:
- Calculation of economic damages, forensic accounting, business valuation, and other financial analyses related to client disputes, and expert witness services.
- Developing written reports and schedules for use in litigation proceedings.
- Transaction Advisory:
- Performs accounting & financial analysis, due diligence, quality of earnings, accounting adjustments, business combinations & carve-out accounting, financial trends & ratios, customer & business segment analysis, working capital & debt analysis, and other related assessments.
- Developing transaction advisory reports specific to key issues such as quality of earnings, financial databooks, and due diligence reports
- Builds/expands the specific consulting practice area through though leadership and cultivating strategic relationships.
- Directs and approves business valuation approaches and methods to a variety of businesses and business interests.
- Leads, supervises, and oversees accounting & financial analysis, due diligence, quality of earnings, accounting adjustments, business combinations & carve-out accounting, financial trends & ratios, customer & business segment analysis, working capital & debt analysis, and other related assessments.
- Oversees the development of reports for use in management, tax and transaction planning.
- Ensures team retains strong relationships with clients to identify engagement scope, manage day–to-day acitivies of completing work, and takes responsibility for overall quality control of client deliverables.
- Utilizes staff in an efficient and effective manner to meet productivity and realization goals.
- Monitors workload to meet billable hour expectations and performs timely reviews of work products prior to submission to a Director/Associate.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities for support staff and provides prompt feedback regarding staff performance. Completes staff evaluations after large or multiple engagements and on a periodic basis.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with diverse group of clients, team members, supervisors, and subject matter experts.
- Leads and approves the preparation of client proposals, develops new client relationships, expands relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and active participation in civic, business, and professional organizations.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work extended hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed.
- Must be able to reach P&N’s office in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Director
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree