Consulting Intern- Software Developer
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Accounting, Finance or a related field is required.
- 3.0 GPA is preferred, but not required.
- No certification required.
- Direct experience or education related to Agile software development cycles, software development, design and /or testing is preferred.
- Experience or education related to project management, process management is preferred
- Experience or education related to technical writing or requirements gathering is preferred
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or related IT Project Management programs is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills in business and technical environments.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed.
- Supports software development projects through requirement gathering, project planning, and system documentation.
- Supports the design and creation of software development screens with wireframes and mock-ups.
- Assists other analysts, developers, and project managers in conceptualizing and development of new business workflows or system processes.
- Collaborates with project managers in defining project vision, organizing project tasks, and tracking project progress.
- Contributes to reporting and custom developed IT projects, perform software development testing, unit testing and debugging which may include preparation of new software, reuse of existing code, modification of existing programs, or integration of purchased solutions.
- Participates in software testing including Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Supports the creation and execution of manual software testing scripts.
- Communicates with supervisor any obstacles or items of concern.
- Complies with the professional and Firm requirements (e.g., employee handbook requirements, time entry procedures), quality control document requirement, confidentiality requirements related to client, proposal, personnel, and job related information.
- Attends and actively engages in training sessions or meetings as required.
- Maintains a positive attitude and is receptive to feedback
- Work/Life Balance: Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Retirement Plan, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Pet Insurance, Competitive Compensation
- Health & Wellness: Employee Assistance Program
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Intern
- Pay Type Hourly